Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week

Re: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
    Let me know what you think
    Two things:

1) I understand why you did it, but having the block of team color as a background for the pick analysis text makes it difficult to read (for me anyway).

2) The days of Baltimore having a "massive O-Line" are a thing of the past (relatively speaking). From my perspective, Oher, Yanda, and Gradkowski are all average (or smaller) for their positions when compared to the bulk of the league. Granted...Osemele and McKinnie are enormous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Two things:

1) I understand why you did it, but having the block of team color as a background for the pick analysis text makes it difficult to read (for me anyway).

2) The days of Baltimore having a "massive O-Line" are a thing of the past (relatively speaking). From my perspective, Oher, Yanda, and Gradkowski are all average (or smaller) for their positions when compared to the bulk of the league. Granted...Osemele and McKinnie are enormous.
    I disagree with that. Marshall Yanda is 6'3.8 tall, so basically 6'4, thats what he measured back at his pro day in 2007, so I'm not sure why the website lists him at 6'3, and he's 315 lbs, that's pretty big, not massive, but big. Oher is on the smallish size in height for a RT, but he's a pretty bulky guy at 315 lbs. Gradkowski is about average size for a center, but he is obviously considerably smaller than what Matt Birk was. The left side of our Oline is probably by far the biggest side in the NFL.

I have been doing a small project of getting the average weight of each Oline in the league, and with the projected starting unit of McKinnie-KO-Gradkowski-Yanda-Oher, we had an average weight of 323.6 lbs, so far no Oline I've done has beaten that, not even the 49ers who have a very powerful Oline. The weight average would increase to around 326.6 if Shipley or Jenson wins the starting job at C.

Granted Oline weights never really determine how good of a unit it actually is, but this unit was obviously very good in the play offs.

Yeah, my eyes started to hurt after reading through three picks, and I stopped.

You gotta change that formatting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

I disagree with that. Marshall Yanda is 6'3.8 tall, so basically 6'4, thats what he measured back at his pro day in 2007, so I'm not sure why the website lists him at 6'3, and he's 315 lbs, that's pretty big, not massive, but big. Oher is on the smallish size in height for a RT, but he's a pretty bulky guy at 315 lbs. Gradkowski is about average size for a center, but he is obviously considerably smaller than what Matt Birk was. The left side of our Oline is probably by far the biggest side in the NFL.

I have been doing a small project of getting the average weight of each Oline in the league, and with the projected starting unit of McKinnie-KO-Gradkowski-Yanda-Oher, we had an average weight of 323.6 lbs, so far no Oline I've done has beaten that, not even the 49ers who have a very powerful Oline. The weight average would increase to around 326.6 if Shipley or Jenson wins the starting job at C.

Granted Oline weights never really determine how good of a unit it actually is, but this unit was obviously very good in the play offs.
    1 inch and less than 10lbs is considerably smaller than Birk?

Some of you guys are worse than the media.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    1 inch and less than 10lbs is considerably smaller than Birk?

Some of you guys are worse than the media.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Sure man, I'm as "bad as the media", and so must this website when several reports that Tony Lombardi wrote in last years offseason explaining how Birk "looked significantly bigger". 10 lbs is quite significant IMO. The listed weights are very subjective too IMO, and I think you'd agree that Suggs for example looks significantly bigger than Kruger, yet the Ravens website lists Suggs at 260 lbs, while Kruger is allegedly 274 lbs and 6'4. IMO there is no way Kruger is 14 lbs and 1 inch taller than Suggs, if anything it should be the other way around. Its not all about weight and height either, some people just have better filled out bodies with less fat and more muscle. Chris Myers is always bought up at someone who is "only 290 lbs" yet when you look at him, he is packed with muscle and looks like a 5 techinque. Birk just looks like he's been in the weight room for years and years of his time in the NFL, and Gino is obviously not as developed yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sure man, I'm as "bad as the media", and so must this website when several reports that Tony Lombardi wrote in last years offseason explaining how Birk "looked significantly bigger". 10 lbs is quite significant IMO. The listed weights are very subjective too IMO, and I think you'd agree that Suggs for example looks significantly bigger than Kruger, yet the Ravens website lists Suggs at 260 lbs, while Kruger is allegedly 274 lbs and 6'4. IMO there is no way Kruger is 14 lbs and 1 inch taller than Suggs, if anything it should be the other way around. Its not all about weight and height either, some people just have better filled out bodies with less fat and more muscle. Chris Myers is always bought up at someone who is "only 290 lbs" yet when you look at him, he is packed with muscle and looks like a 5 techinque. Birk just looks like he's been in the weight room for years and years of his time in the NFL, and Gino is obviously not as developed yet.

Unless one of us was at a weigh in with Birk and/or Gradkowski, it is all conjecture, rumor, and BS.

Gradkowski weighed in during the combine process at 6'3" 300lbs. After an entire season with the Ravens, eating better (as money will allow you do to), and working out with NFL strength and conditioning coordinators I would say that it is a fair assumption that Gradkowski is probably heavier/stronger.

Birk was 6'4" 310lbs. Even if he was 320lbs...less than 20lbs is not THAT big of a difference when you consider that Gradkowski is probably closer to 305 or more.

People want to act like Gradkowski is a 275lb player or something. KO vs Gradkowski is a considerable difference in size. McKinnie vs Gradkowski is a considerable difference. 1 inch and maybe 10lbs is not a considerable difference.

Why do so many people want to see the kid fail? I mean, that is essentially what all of this is about.

"Gradkowski isn't big enough..." or "Gradkowski needs to get stronger..." is basically fans casting doubt into a player that clearly the coaching staff is high on and did a damn good job against Geno Atkins and Domata Peko last year.

All I'm saying is, he is adequately built to be an offensive center in the NFL. Let's see the kid in action with two of the better guards beside him before we start casting doubt onto the guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I had to LOL at Cleveland drafting yet another QB...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Cool Re: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I had to LOL at Cleveland drafting yet another QB...
    Browns won't draft that particular QB. He's too young for them!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why do so many people want to see the kid fail? I mean, that is essentially what all of this is about.
    "Gradkowski isn't big enough..." or "Gradkowski needs to get stronger..." is basically fans casting doubt into a player that clearly the coaching staff is high on and did a damn good job against Geno Atkins and Domata Peko last year.
    All I'm saying is, he is adequately built to be an offensive center in the NFL. Let's see the kid in action with two of the better guards beside him before we start casting doubt onto the guy.
    wicked, I don't think people want to see GG fail, but are echoing the "experts" who said he's not BIG enough. I was a little surprised when Ozzie made the pick, despite a few bigger named Centers available, but trust our scouting staff. Gino had a full season behind one of the outstanding Centers (Birk) of recent times, and I feel he's ready to start on the Ravens Oline. 6' 3" 300lbs, plus a full year to bulk-up, strengthen his body and learn the line calls makes him a prime candidate IMO. Shipley is only an insurance policy... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
    Let me know what you think
    2014 NFL Mock Draft
    Seems like wishful thinking that a great OT would drop to #22 in the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Seems like wishful thinking that a great OT would drop to #22 in the draft.
    Seems like a nightmare that the Ravens (unless they trade up) would be selecting pick #22.
    Fiction at it's worst... Bc