Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Flacco #100 on PFF's Top 101 of 2012 (and why it's ridiculous)

I checked... this *does not* try to discount the post-season... post-season play is considered here. Given that, Flacco at #100 is an absolute joke.

Just for starters I'll analyze Flacco against Kaepernick (#81, almost 20 spots higher).

Kaepernick started playing in Game 9. Comparing their work since Game 9 and including the play-offs:

Flacco had a 99.5 QB Rating. Kaepernick had a 99.3.
    Flacco had 7 games with over a 100 QB Rating. Kaepernick had 5.
    Flacco threw 23 TDs and 4 INTs. Kaepernick threw 14 TDs and 5 INTs.
    Flacco had 25 total TDs. Kaepernick had 20 total TDs.
    Flacco had 7 fumbles. Kaepernick had 9 fumbles.
    Flacco threw for 2967 yards. Kaepernick threw for 2523 yards.
    Flacco played in 6 road games during that stretch. Kaepernick played in 5 road games.
    Flacco played against a 0.607 strength of schedule. Kaepernick played against a 0.574 SOS.
    Flacco played 8 games against teams with winning records. Kaepernick, 6 games.
    Flacco played 10 games against teams with .500 or better records. Kaepernick, 6 games.
    Flacco played 7 games against playoff teams. Kaepernick played 5 games.
    Flacco won the Super Bowl. Kaepernick lost the Super Bowl.

The only area where Kaepernick outplayed Flacco during that time was in terms of rushing yards, but including those yards he and Flacco come out pretty close to even in terms of total yards produced. People say Flacco benefited from a bad play against Denver, well that was *one play*. Kaepernick's rushing stats benefited from an entire game worth of just horrible, abysmal, totally inexcusable play by the Green Bay defense. So call it a wash there.

Across the whole season, Flacco had 33 TDs and 10 INTs (a 3.3:1 ratio), while Kaepernick had 14 TD and 5 INTs (a 2.8:1 ratio).

Including rushing TDs and fumbles, Flacco had 36 TDs and 20 INTS+Fumbles (a 1.8:1 ratio), while Kaepernick had 22 TDs and 15 INTs+Fumbles (a 1.47:1 ratio).

They also put Eli Manning ahead of Flacco, despite Flacco having the better regular season in terms of passer rating, and team record, and got his team to the play-offs with a win head-to-head against Eli Manning in what was essentially a must-win for both teams. I don't even have to look at the post-season to see why Flacco shouldn't be rated lower than Eli, but when you put in Flacco's post-season, you can see that it's just absolutely absurd.

Re: Flacco #100 on PFF's Top 101 of 2012 (and why it's ridiculous)

Callahan you have always been awesome with the stats BUT, when it comes to Flacco it doesn't matter. Why else will people like Skip Bayliss and Jamie Dukes tout wins as a means to measure QBs but disregard that fact when talking about Flacco.

It's always luck or some other type of hogwash as the reason we won. I don't even try to fight anymore. I just accept that Flacco will never be mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    It's always luck or some other type of hogwash as the reason we won. I don't even try to fight anymore. I just accept that Flacco will never be mainstream.
    This.

Just let it go.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I am actually in favor of Joe never being mainstream.

Keeps a chip on his shoulder. Gives him an edge, so to speak.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Go ahead, keep slighting Joe, we may never lose another PO game.

Blog Entries

I like PFF's website, but some of their writers are incredibly biased against Flacco. They'll spin anything they can to make Flacco look bad.

Blog Entries

I don't pay attention to power rankings or lists. Although I read an article that said they're #1 in terms of getting fan responses and comments. Maybe a little controversy to stir up traffic and get attention.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I like PFF's website, but some of their writers are incredibly biased against Flacco. They'll spin anything they can to make Flacco look bad.
    I frequently wonder who the various media members cheer for. Everyone has a team. I know they try to be unbiased, but sometimes it is hard to do. Whenever I hear these talking heads ramble on about so and so teams/players, I just wonder what their bias is.

As for stats, you can keep them.

All I know is we had some pretty damn good defenses over the years with Boller and McNair and solid RBs and we couldn't win a damn playoff game.

Joe Flacco (and Ray Rice) come along and we've been winning playoff games ever since. Hell, the 2012 defense was our worst defense in years and still Joe took us all the way to the SB. Some would call that "want to".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

All I know is we had some pretty damn good defenses over the years with Boller and McNair and solid RBs and we couldn't win a damn playoff game.

Joe Flacco (and Ray Rice) come along and we've been winning playoff games ever since. Hell, the 2012 defense was our worst defense in years and still Joe took us all the way to the SB. Some would call that "want to".
    That really says it all for me. The bottom line is Flacco is a winner. It's not a coincidence that we win a Super Bowl and go to 3 AFC Championships with Flacco.

Yet another reason I don't take anything PFF says seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yet another reason I don't take anything PFF says seriously.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I dont like PFF. This only supports that.
    -JAB