Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Charlie Frye to Seattle

The Browns have traded Charlie Frye to Seattle. If Holmgren gave up more than an autographed picture of Jim Zorn he was robbed.

It was updated to now state it was a for a 6th round pick. Holmgren must have had a gun put to his head by Savage.

Re: Charlie Frye to Seattle

Well that did not take long. LOL! BYE BYE Frye
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

I wonder what those goofy-ass dudes who wear the french fry outfits are going to do now!

Frye was going to be the saviour last year. Brady Queen is the new saviour, at least until he gets a half season under center and then he'll just be one in a long line of Clown busts.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Browns have traded Charlie Frye to Seattle. If Holmgren gave up more than an autographed picture of Jim Zorn he was robbed.

It was updated to now state it was a for a 6th round pick. Holmgren must have had a gun put to his head by Savage.
    Go figure ... I didnt know Seattle needed a waterboy.

I wonder if the Browns will now pursue Leftwich? I'm still hoping that we could grab him under a cheap contract. Mcnair doesn't look like he'll last the season, and we need someone better than the disappointing Troy Smith to back up Boller.

I could see Savage driving up Leftwich's price.....
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

http://charliesfryes.com/

That guy was off the bandwagon before the trade, he must have smelled it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Go figure ... I didnt know Seattle needed a waterboy.

Well, their backup is a midget Troy Smith clone...

Their backup is one of the best in the league. He's actually alot like Flutie of old.

This is probably a move where Holmgren thinks the kid has some talent, and that with time he can be coached up.

I've got to say I like this move. I think Frye has shown ability, and in a few years when Hassleback is out of Seattle, we could be seeing the reemergence of Frye as Matt Hassleback part 2.

At least he got out of a losing team to one that could be in the playoffs this year

Cleveland upper management is feeling the heat.

So Derek Anderson starts now? I know the fans over there are screaming for Quinn, but he is not ready. Dallas will end up getting the #1 pick in the draft next year if Quinn starts now.

Do you think Anderson is much better than Quinn? It's kinda like the situation we had with Boller. It's great to have a rookie sit and learn, but he's not going to learn much from a lousy QB whom he could probably outplay. The smart thing for any team taking a 1st round QB is to sign a vet to hold down the fort for a year.