Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

Looks like meditation and book reading won't help LeBron these finals

I really hope Parker is healthy. If he is healthy then Heat are in trouble. If he is hurt then the momentum could swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Lol, don't do it. Miami fans are being talked down off of ledges as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sweep?

Lol...he deserves to get trolled.
    Exactly! It's fine to pick Miami but he actually doesn't even like Miami (a Celts fan, so you can imagine his true feelings) but was pretending he was like the ultimate basketball guru/purist and was just calling it how he sees it. ... Crap, I'm talking myself back into trolling him.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Miami has the horses. However, they tend to struggle against teams who can answer the ten count. Dallas could answer the ten count. Everybody knew that San Antonio could answer the ten count. OKC couldn't.

Even if Spo comes back with adjustments, Pops going to counter. Pop probably already has his counter planned. The man already has four Championships and an unblemished Finals record.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Miami has the horses. However, they tend to struggle against teams who can answer the ten count. Dallas could answer the ten count. Everybody knew that San Antonio could answer the ten count. OKC couldn't.

Even if Spo comes back with adjustments, Pops going to counter. Pop probably already has his counter planned. The man already has four Championships and an unblemished Finals record.
    Good point. Popovich is probably the most under rated coach of this generation. All he does is have his teams prepared every game. He might not have the horses, but you had better bring your 'A' game to beat him. Spo is over matched.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Good point. Popovich is probably the most under rated coach of this generation. All he does is have his teams prepared every game. He might not have the horses, but you had better bring your 'A' game to beat him. Spo is over matched.
    Spurs are one of the most under rated teams of this generation. No coincidence that Pop is as well. San Antonio doesn't have the biggest market but they know their shit. From my generation I got Phil Jackson as my top coach and Pop my second, after that it gets hazy. Maybe Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    Spurs are one of the most under rated teams of this generation. No coincidence that Pop is as well. San Antonio doesn't have the biggest market but they know their shit. From my generation I got Phil Jackson as my top coach and Pop my second, after that it gets hazy. Maybe Larry Brown
    I would take Pop over Phil.

Phil had Jordan, Pippen and then Shaq and Kobe

Pop has basically had David Robinson at the end of career and yeah Tim Duncan (Parker and Manu are great but they are not all time great like Duncan and the 4 guys Phil has).

Pop is low key, no nonsense and unlike Phil never started to believe his on hype.

Also Pop is a superior strategist and tactician, adaptable to any style of ball. Phil was all about the Triangle offense but truth be told he had the ultimate trump cards (Jordan and Kobe) when all else failed.

Blog Entries

Phil has chased down great rosters. Hes enough to take a talented roster over the top, but i dont think hes necessarily an all time great coach that can make subpar team overperform. Pop seems to always get more out of less. They consistently pick late and find good players in the 2nd round. Could be their GM, who i also think plays a big part in that, but i think Pop knows how to coach players up better than just about anybody.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I've always felt Phil Jackson was the best coach ever in any sport... 11 titles doesn't come because of luck. That said, ESPN did one of their famous 'lists' a couple years ago and had Rex Ryan over Jackson. That's one reason why I just don't put any energy into top 100 players or any other opinion lists, they're just made to get a reaction.

Pops has done a masterful job so far frustrating the hell out of Miami, but to me, it has been boring. They just can't come out of their system and I see why

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I've always felt Phil Jackson was the best coach ever in any sport... 11 titles doesn't come because of luck. That said, ESPN did one of their famous 'lists' a couple years ago and had Rex Ryan over Jackson. That's one reason why I just don't put any energy into top 100 players or any other opinion lists, they're just made to get a reaction.

Pops has done a masterful job so far frustrating the hell out of Miami, but to me, it has been boring. They just can't come out of their system and I see why
    I gained more respect for Phil his last 2 championships than any of the previous 9. although he didnt have 2 HoFs those were still ridiculously deep teams with talent but by far his best actual coaching, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Parker is playing tonight. I don't think it's going to matter but these games have been so unpredictable... anything is possible

Blog Entries

Jackson doesn't get enough credit for juggling the egos he's had to deal with. It's easy to say that he's had talented teams. However, Jordan, Pippen and Rodman? That's a lot to handle. Shag and Kobe in the same locker room had to be a lot to handle.

If it were just about talent. Miami should be on their way to their third title. If you were to ask if they would be with Jackson at the helm, I think the answer would be a unanimous yes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Jackson doesn't get enough credit for juggling the egos he's had to deal with. It's easy to say that he's had talented teams. However, Jordan, Pippen and Rodman? That's a lot to handle. Shag and Kobe in the same locker room had to be a lot to handle.

If it were just about talent. Miami should be on their way to their third title. If you were to ask if they would be with Jackson at the helm, I think the answer would be a unanimous yes.
    He just wrote a book and I am going to try and read it this summer. I read part of it where he compares Jordan to Kobe and it's very interesting. Jordan came from a blue collar family, worked hard, hung out with the guys, played cards, smoked cigars. Kobe's dad was a professional athlete, always had nicer things, kept to himself, ate salmon and sparkling water.. I bet it's a good read.