Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie returns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We have our bookends. Those were DeCosta's words AirFlacco.

LOL - He also said Nicks isn't as good as Michael Oher. Said it to TRap at Nest 1 meeting
    a week after that draft as NIcks became the SB 46 hero while we all complained about
    Oher getting Joe killed at LT or um, some of us complained.

I'm as excited as anyone about Mckinnie but, Um, not so fast on the bookends. See post above where Oher might be on short time here as we say in the Army and we're not sure if McKinnie can even play a full season. He sure couldn't last year. He'll be on even shorter time if he gets another Big Mac attack and Dee was sure wrong. We've had nothing but trouble at LT since JO left going from Gaither to Oher to McKinnie missing most of last year but he finally got us the SB when he finally showed up. It would have been a lot easier if that damn Mike Nolan hadn't jump in front of Ozzie and stolen Joe Staley. Man, that presser was like a morgue even though Oz just drafted Grubbs.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-03-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    How does a Russian spell his 1st name wrong, Николай ? :)
    What part of "Нет" not understand?

American who plays Russian on board omits tilde over и, is how.

Happy to clear up 4U, дурак! :p

Blog Entries

Я использовал для этого переводчик.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    I think 9ers do not make it to the SB. Jim H has been exposed and will have the team having a hard time in his division. Seattle and St Louis beat them last year and will do it again this season. CK will be running for his life and pull a RG3 injury. Who's their backup?
    People talk about the SB hangover for the winners, but I think it's worse for the losers.

Of the first 46 Super Bowl losers, two won the big game the next season. The last team to do it: the 1972 Miami Dolphins. So, yes, the 49ers will enter the 2013 season looking to break a 41-year drought.

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

Well, count me as shocked this got done. Ozzie was content to let the market set itself for McKinnie...and it did with his visits. Will be interested to see the details, see how high we had to go to retain him. Will tell us if McKinnie's camp "won" by getting Ozzie to jump on a more expensive deal.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, count me as shocked this got done. Ozzie was content to let the market set itself for McKinnie...and it did with his visits. Will be interested to see the details, see how high we had to go to retain him. Will tell us if McKinnie's camp "won" by getting Ozzie to jump on a more expensive deal.
    2 year max value of 7 million. no more details yet on the contract.

Blog Entries

I wonder how it is structured and what the guaranteed money is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wonder how it is structured and what the guaranteed money is?
    I can't find anything more at the moment. The only detail I saw from Aaron Wilson is that 7 mil includes incentives.

Blog Entries

Probably workout bonuses...weight clauses...etc.

Things that will actually motivate him to workout with the team during the off-season and maintain healthy practices.

Maybe now he will break even with his debt issues?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Maybe now he will break even with his debt issues?
    I know a lot of these guys live paycheck to paycheck during the season (how thats possible is beyond me) and all of his issues arose at the lockout. Its been 2 years now of paychecks and from what i understand he owed 4.3m for missing ONE payments and its never been said if he didnt have some or all of it in his possession at the time. I have to assume hes gotten that mostly taken care of at this point, by either 2 years worth of pay and/or endorsements plus whatever savigns he may have had. Maybe he made enough with his record label...

side note: reading up on that is obviously a sign at how bad McKinnie is with money, but it also speaks to how shady that loan company was. The terms were ridiculous. extremely high rate, miss one payment and they can sue you for the entire loan+interest+fees+penalties. I guess anybody stupid enough to sign it is one thing, but a business saying theyre trying to help the players, certainly wasnt doint that based off this.
    -JAB

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    To break out an old celebration GIF (borrowed from CptJesus)

LMAO where is this from?

Man I am loving this. Given what else was out there and given that he knows this team we couldn't have asked for much more. Even the money is not too too bad. Obviously he isnt long term solution but he's still got at least a couple years in the tank (provided he stays focused) and should really help Joe turn it up that much more. And if that's the case maybe we don't even need that vet possession WR. Give a great QB time and he makes decent WRs look good and sometimes great. Maybe Joe with this fortified line can do that for Doss or Dionte or whoever.

Sounds crazy but this team might be right on a par with last year's only younger and faster. Oz is doing it yet again.