Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

McKinnie Signs 2 year deal with Ravens

per 105.7

McKinnie returns.

Baltimore Ravens @Ravens
    The Ravens have reached a two-year agreement in principle with LT Bryant McKinnie.

Re: McKinnie returns.

Great! Let's hope it plays out well.

Nice. I'm good with this. At least we have a legit LT now. Maybe a continued stop gap, but a viable LT nonetheless.

Very happy with this.

It's the best we can do for now.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Funny, not even a word from the media that they were going to sign him, lol. Hopefully Big Mac doesn't disappoint.

San Diego and Miami have fattened him up by wining and dining him in the last week, time to get him in shape.

Blog Entries

well now it depends on what Mckinnie shows up, motivated Mckinnie is top 8 at best, not motivated Mckinnie spells trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    well now it depends on what Mckinnie shows up, motivated Mckinnie is top 8 at best, not motivated Mckinnie spells trouble
    If he shows up in good enough shape to start and hold down the LT position for another year I will be very happy.

Thats a big "if" but maybe being a free agent he has actually done some conditioning along the way this offseason
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I'm not sure this is true. Historically, even when McKinnie wasn't in very good shape, he was still a pretty decent LT.

Blog Entries

Good.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

11. Re: McKinnie returns.

I'm glad to have the brick wall back. I feel like worst comes to worst we've had success re-shuffling that line.

But let me ask you guys this...if McKennie gets hurt or isn't conditioned well enough to play, do we move Michael Oher back to left tackle or do we try out KO? Because at this point I really just want to leave Michael on the right side...he's so much better over there and seems much more comfortable.

This is a huge relief. I made a prediction earlier that the Ravens would go with Oher again at LT this year against all advice but it looks like they've finally realized he's not an LT. I couldn't be happier to be wrong.