Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: McKinnie returns.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm really hoping this is just a depth move. 31 other teams passed on the guy, and many of them have much worse LT situations than we do. An out-of-shape, overweight, motivationally challenged, aging LT is not setting off any champagne corks in my house tonight.
    Ozzie is in their brain. No where was it reported that the Ravens were interested in him. Miami and San Diego opened up their expense account and bought Big Mac shrimp cocktail followed by surf and turf. Both of those organizations don't have the confidence to sign what they perceived to be the Ravens trash. It's obvious the Ravens wanted him back now despite previous speculation.

I... did not see this coming.

This was really the last possible solution to our LT problem for this season. Moving Osemele was an option of last resort. Let's hope we can keep him properly incentivized.

Nice to see. Hopefully he can put in the effort and play as well as he can. The O-line looks much better with KO at LG and Oher and RT now. I wonder how much the contract is for and how much guaranteed and any kind of incentives or things like weight clauses.

I firmly believe we are one of the two best teams in the AFC right now, neck and neck with Denver.

1a- Denver
    1b-Baltimore
    3- Cincy
    4- New England
    5- Indianapolis
    6- Houston
    7- Miami
    8- Pittsburgh
    9- San Diego
    10-Cleveland
    11- Kansas City
    12- Tennessee
    13-16 Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland, Jacksonville

The NFC is sooooo much better than the AFC this year IMO. The AFC has 7-8 teams that I would qualify as pure crap.

Blog Entries

Classic Ozzie move. Letting FA test the waters then come in at at a slightly better deal. Right player/right price.

This is... lemonade.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

All we need is one good year out of him IMO

Looking at next years draft which is heavy in QB's and other skill players, I think that moving up to get a decent LT prospect will be more feasible than this past draft was since you likely wont have to go as far up to get one.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I'm happy we got him, and knowing Ozzie, it was for a rea$onable contract :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-the-ravens/

The Ravens still have to have a back-up plan (KO or Oher ?) in place because I'm not sure a 34 year old (in September) McKinnie can be counted on to start 16 regular season games... Bc

Blog Entries

Well we just got our play off Oline back which is among the best in the league, although Matt Birk was a HUGE part of that line, so I wonder how Gino will do with all that talent around him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    All we need is one good year out of him IMO

Looking at next years draft which is heavy in QB's and other skill players, I think that moving up to get a decent LT prospect will be more feasible than this past draft was since you likely wont have to go as far up to get one.
    :word I agree that Ozzie is going to get a good young LT next year. It could be through the draft or maybe a trade, but Ozzie just needs McKinnie to hold down the fort at LT for this upcoming season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well we just got our play off Oline back which is among the best in the league, although Matt Birk was a HUGE part of that line, so I wonder how Gino will do with all that talent around him.
    Gino will do a lot better with KO and Yanda on either side of him then he would have done with Jah Reid at LG.

12. Re: McKinnie returns.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I firmly believe we are one of the two best teams in the AFC right now, neck and neck with Denver.

1a- Denver
    1b-Baltimore
    3- Cincy
    4- New England
    5- Indianapolis
    6- Houston
    7- Miami
    8- Pittsburgh
    9- San Diego
    10-Cleveland
    11- Kansas City
    12- Tennessee
    13-16 Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland, Jacksonville

The NFC is sooooo much better than the AFC this year IMO. The AFC has 7-8 teams that I would qualify as pure crap.
    I'm sorry but I'm not buying into the Cincinnati hype. Until they prove to me that they can win a playoff game, I can't put them higher than New England or Houston...plus I think Indy's got a higher ceiling with Andrew Luck probably reducing the turnovers in year #2.

Andy Dalton is such an overrated QB. He would be nobody without A.J. Green making insane catch after insane catch. I'll believe it when I see it with that team.

I agree that the NFC is MUCH better and deeper...I mean...when the Eagles, Rams, and Cardinals are the worst teams in your conference...and all 3 could possibly be a 2nd wildcard in the AFC, you know that conference is good.