Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Re: The Dallas Cowboys are a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Dallas Cowboys are a mess.
    And its a crying shame. Hey I like to mock them and kick them when they're down as much as anyone. But there's no denying the league is much better and a lot more fun when the Cowboys are good and in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    But there's no denying the league is much better and a lot more fun when the Cowboys are good and in the hunt.
    That happens every year.*

*According to ESPN

Blog Entries

Their defense sucked. They brought in Rob Ryan who, at least, made it decent, until it broke in the fourth quarter following countless offensive mistakes. Everyone knows that the Ryans' run complex schemes and it takes more than a year to settle into them. Yet, who ends up firing Ryan after a year, when the defense wasn't even their main problem? Jerry Jones.

This is two straight years that Tony Romo does them in, during the last game of the season, all or nothing for the division, with his mistakes. Yet, Jones is so convinced that Romo is the guy that he pays him big, instead of starting fresh. If Romo doesn't work hard enough, I'd sooner have given the Patriots a pair of 2s for Ryan Mallett.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

meh. they're a bubble team. somebody pointed out, what better option did the Cowboys have at qb than Romo?
    JJones vs Shanahan could develop into an interesting rivalry. Coach/QB counts for a lot in this league, and Shanny/Griffin are looking pretty good.
    I'm guessing, another .500 season and we see another HC there. (wouldn't it be awesome if JJones would hire Billick!?)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

When was the last time that DAL has overachieved???
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Maybe Jerry will trade us Dez Bryant for Ramon Harewood? Seems like a pretty legit trade.

And its a crying shame. Hey I like to mock them and kick them when they're down as much as anyone. But there's no denying the league is much better and a lot more fun when the Cowboys are good and in the hunt.
    Totally disagree and I really don't have any strong feelings for the Cowboys, positve or negative. The Cowboys could continue to lose for the next 50 years and it wouldn't dampen my enjoyment of the league one bit.

Their prominence and success of the early 90's and all of the 1970's is special to Cowboys fans, I'm sure, but means very little to me. If they're on our schedule, they're merely an impediment to us wining a championship. If they're not, I only care about them if they are playing the Foreskins, Eagles, any AFC North team or if their play assists the Ravens in the standings. Other than that....eh.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Totally disagree and I really don't have any strong feelings for the Cowboys, positve or negative. The Cowboys could continue to lose for the next 50 years and it wouldn't dampen my enjoyment of the league one bit.

Their prominence and success of the early 90's and all of the 1970's is special to Cowboys fans, I'm sure, but means very little to me. If they're on our schedule, they're merely an impediment to us wining a championship. If they're not, I only care about them if they are playing the Foreskins, Eagles, any AFC North team or if their play assists the Ravens in the standings. Other than that....eh.
    Agree 100%. Except my cousin is a Boys fan so I also like to see them lose whenever they play a team they are "better" or "more talented" than.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seriously, you give your QB a 100 mil+ contract and THEN, declare that he's going to suddenly begin working as hard as the Peyton Mannings' of the world? Really?
    And therein is the prob.

He said he wants to be like the Ravens. Then he has to STFU and be like Art and turn the
    team over to someone he trusts like his daughter who is the most powerful women in
    the NFL.

She saved Jerry from losing $75,000 pr day over-extending himself after buying the
    team and stadium. He put her in an office and said fix it and she did.

She's currently on the most powerful committee in the NFL and thus the title. She
    chairs the most important advisory committee of the Salvation Army.

I don't know how good she is at grading talent but she would at least hire an Ozzie
    if she ran the team.

Eventually she will when Jerry dies and watch them rise.

I'd enjoy it a lot less if there weren't Keystone Kops organizations like the Cowboys, Raiders, Browns, etc. Not only are they entertaining in their own special way, they are a constant reminder of how good the Ravens management is, even if the team isn't looking good.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Why do I feel this thread is based off of some inside joke I am just not picking up?

Has something happened (outside the norm) with the Cowboys?

Blog Entries

Ray-duhs vs Cowgirls used to be at the top of my list of "games to hope end in a double forfeit." Then I found out how Jack Kent Crook helped keep an expansion franchise out of Baltimore & shuffled the list to put Deadskins vs Cowgirls at the top...

I just. don't. like. that. team.