Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Completely disagree. This, in and of itself, is the issue here. It's not that HGH is a dangerous drug, although if not used properly, can cause some serious side effects. It's player A using this drug and gaining an athletic advantage over player B, who does not use. It's about a level playing field for all players.
If it's legal and available to all players, then the playing field is level.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Also, if the NFL legalizes this substance, what message will they be sending our youth? There is already a huge black market for this stuff, and I can just imagine if the NFL were to legalize it, we will have an epidemic of HGH use in kids that are way too young to even understand what the long term effects might be. In fact, I'm not even sure that the medical community understands what the long term effects are.
This statement assumes that hGH is dangerous. When used under a doctors care, it's completely safe and has tremendous benefits to the athlete. The current message that's going to our kids is a false one since it's consistently lumped into the same debate as anabolic steroids. So I'd be totally comfortable for "the kids" (which are used way too much as an excuse, btw) to learn the truth about hGH from their parents, coaches, etc.

When you take hGH properly, your body will NEVER produce harmful levels of testosterone. hGH will only stimulate the growth of testosterone that your body is genetically wired to create. Anabolic steroids are specifically designed to go above and beyond your bodies natural production, thus you see all the harmful side effects.