Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

This Board Did a Great Job Preparing for the NFL Draft.

It was a great experience, being on the board as the draft approached. Posters here did a very good job of identifying player styles and how they translated to the Ravens' offensive and defensive systems. We also did a great job of differentiating what we wanted the Ravens to add, from what the Ravens tend to want, and so forth.

We separated the head banging ILBs, from the speedy run around ILBs and the reliable, sound technique ILBs.

Posters didn't just look at a highlight reel or what they read from one site. Posters actually took time to watch the tape and it sparked interesting conversations about certain prospects.

Personally, I think we did a better job than some of the draft sites out there.

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: This Board Did a Great Job Preparing for the NFL Draft.

Yep, I also feel the same. learned a lot from others, to the point I felt good to hear Elam and especially Brown (as opposed to Te'o/Minter).
    Posters here gave me a good feel for what I was seeing, and who was falling

Thanks guys
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Thanks, I did (according to my wife) a great job prepping for the draft. I got a close shave, took a hot shower, combed what's left of my hair, and slapped on some manly smelling after shave lotion. Put on my Ravens sweatshirt. Beer was chilling in the fridge, my friends (all Giants and Jets fans) came over, then several pizzas were ordered. By midnight, the Jets fans were flying high with two 1st round picks, the Gints fans were not (with Pugh), but I was happy as a clam with Elam (oh, that rhymes)... Bc

I AGREE. all 3 of our first picks were very common names we(as posters) targeted. We are collectively thinking more and more like Ravens scouts with each passing draft.

Blog Entries
    There were definitely some good threads on here leading up to the draft.

Good thread Ex. I agree.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Great thread Ex and I agree.

The arrival of the Sunspot contingent brought a lot of knowledge the board had been lacking for a while, specifically the intensive draft analysis. Y'all brought some not some not so nice folks too, but they are dropping off. :)

Speaker as a poster and not a Mod, I can say the past two off seasons have been an education for me in terms of what I learned about the game.

Kudos and thanks to all of you!

I totally agree! I know I don't post a ton but I still read this every week and I was informed about a ton of players from other posters.

This is the main site I would look to. Good job to the posters, mods and Tony for it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Y'all brought some not some not so nice folks too, but they are dropping off. :)
    Like hell I am! You only wish--

Oh. :p

On a lighter note, the board dyslexics must have been heliriously dappy with the first round selection of Male....

I'd like to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back for Arthur brown, then get someone to slap me because I would have done all I can to jump ahead of some teams in the first to get hilm

That leads me to my next point, a lot of people here are good at rating players, giving accurate scouting reports, picking players that would suit us, what we an never get right is the draft picks and where payers are rated. Maybe this was a harder draft than normal, but people had brown as a a first here, some as a second etc.

Elam some had him as a first others as a second, then take kasheem Greene, everyone had him as at least a second, I think he went in the fourth.

That's one side of the draft we will never get down, there is so many reaches, teams having payers valued differently etc that its gotten so hard to say, we need to take this guy in the first, or nah not the first hes going to be there in the second. It's gotten so hard to predict its kind of pointless.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Thanks, I did (according to my wife) a great job prepping for the draft. I got a close shave, took a hot shower, combed what's left of my hair, and slapped on some manly smelling after shave lotion. Put on my Ravens sweatshirt. Beer was chilling in the fridge, my friends (all Giants and Jets fans) came over, then several pizzas were ordered. By midnight, the Jets fans were flying high with two 1st round picks, the Gints fans were not (with Pugh), but I was happy as a clam with Elam (oh, that rhymes)... Bc
    didnt invite the sister in law?????

The majority, if not, all posters in here are more a lot more than your average casual fan. Filmstudy sets the tone emphasising the importance of studying film and as such, everyone follows. This is probably the first year whereby I have paid a lot of attention to the draft since I began watching NFL in '09.

One love for everyone here. Truly!! I seriously think most of you are scouts or front office people. But man, are you all are smart. From flimstudy to breakdowns of rosters, to players no one heard must about. I learned a lot here over the course of the 5or 6 yrs I been here.

This past draft, just wow, I feel in love with Brown and Armstead because of the homework the Analysis, and breakdowns that this board provided me. It's insane that we all love Ravens. I'm super happy you all don the purple. And in reality I seriously could not live here without this board in my life. Thank you to all of you and the board.