Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our 53 if the season started today (projected)

Ages as of 9/1/13 *denotes starter

1-QB- Flacco (age 28)*
    2-QB-Taylor (24)
    3-RB- Rice (26)
    4-RB- Pierce (23)
    5-RB-Allen (25)
    6-FB Juszczyk (22)
    7-FB Leach (31)
    8-WR Smith (24)*
    9-WR Jones (29)*
    10-WR Doss (23)
    11-WR Reed (26)
    12-WR Streeter (23)
    13- WR Thompson (24)
    14-TE Pitta (28)*
    15-TE Dickson (26)
    16-LT-Osemele (24)*
    17-LG-Reid (25)*
    18-C- Gradkowski (24)*
    19-RG Yanda (29)*
    20-RG Oher (27)*
    21-OT/G Harewood (26)
    22-G/C Jensen (23)
    23-G/T Wagner (23)

24- LS Cox (27)
    25- P Koch (31)
    26- K Tucker (23)

27- DT Ngata (29)*
    28- DE/DT Jones (27)*
    29- DE Dumervil (29)*
    30- DT Cody (25)
    31- DT/DE Spears (30)
    32- DT/DE Canty (30)
    33- DT Tyson (24)
    34- DE McPhee (24)
    35- DT B. Williams (24)
    36- OLB Suggs* (30)
    37- OLB Upshaw* (23)
    38- ILB R. McClain (24)*
    39- ILB A. Brown (23)*
    40- ILB J. McClain (28)
    41- ILB McClellan (27)
    42- ILB Bynes (24)
    43- OLB McAdoo (23)
    44- CB Webb (27)*
    45- CB Smith (25)*
    46- CB Graham (28)
    47- CB C. Brown (26)
    48- CB A. Jackson (23)
    49- CB M. Anthony (23)
    50- S Huff (30)*
    51- S Elam (21)*
    52- S Ihedigbo (29)
    53- S O.Brown (25)

Last cuts: Emanuel Cook, Chris Johnson, Caleb Hanie, Spencer Adkins, Anthony Levine, Damien Berry

Practice squad: LaQuan Williams, Nigel Carr, Jack Cornell, Adrian Hamilton, Matt Furstenberg, Bobby Rainey, Rogers Gaines, Will Pericek

IR/Redshirt: Simon, Mellette, Lewis-Moore

Suspended List: C.Thompson

And this is BEFORE we address LT with a veteran like McKinnie (hopefully). A lot of tough decisions ahead. We are absolutely loaded at DL. I have Dumervil listed as a DE, but I think he will probably see more time at OLB.

Blog Entries

Re: Our 53 if the season started today (projected)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Ages as of 9/1/13 *denotes starter

1-QB- Flacco (age 28)*
    2-QB-Taylor (24)
    3-RB- Rice (26)
    4-RB- Pierce (23)
    5-RB-Allen (25)
    6-FB Juszczyk (22)
    7-FB Leach (31)
    8-WR Smith (24)*
    9-WR Jones (29)*
    10-WR Doss (23)
    11-WR Reed (26)
    12-WR Streeter (23)
    13- WR Thompson (24)
    14-TE Pitta (28)*
    15-TE Dickson (26)
    16-LT-Osemele (24)*
    17-LG-Reid (25)*
    18-C- Gradkowski (24)*
    19-RG Yanda (29)*
    20-RG Oher (27)*
    21-OT/G Harewood (26)
    22-G/C Jensen (23)
    23-G/T Wagner (23)

24- LS Cox (27)
    25- P Koch (31)
    26- K Tucker (23)

27- DT Ngata (29)*
    28- DE/DT Jones (27)*
    29- DE Dumervil (29)*
    30- DT Cody (25)
    31- DT/DE Spears (30)
    32- DT/DE Canty (30)
    33- DT Tyson (24)
    34- DE McPhee (24)
    35- DT B. Williams (24)
    36- OLB Suggs* (30)
    37- OLB Upshaw* (23)
    38- ILB R. McClain (24)*
    39- ILB A. Brown (23)*
    40- ILB J. McClain (28)
    41- ILB McClellan (27)
    42- ILB Bynes (24)
    43- OLB McAdoo (23)
    44- CB Webb (27)*
    45- CB Smith (25)*
    46- CB Graham (28)
    47- CB C. Brown (26)
    48- CB A. Jackson (23)
    49- CB M. Anthony (23)
    50- S Huff (30)*
    51- S Elam (21)*
    52- S Ihedigbo (29)
    53- S O.Brown (25)

Last cuts: Emanuel Cook, Chris Johnson, Caleb Hanie, Spencer Adkins, Anthony Levine, Damien Berry

Practice squad: LaQuan Williams, Nigel Carr, Jack Cornell, Adrian Hamilton, Matt Furstenberg, Bobby Rainey, Rogers Gaines, Will Pericek

IR/Redshirt: Simon, Mellette, Lewis-Moore

Suspended List: C.Thompson

And this is BEFORE we address LT with a veteran like McKinnie (hopefully). A lot of tough decisions ahead. We are absolutely loaded at DL. I have Dumervil listed as a DE, but I think he will probably see more time at OLB.

Solid work. Onyl thing I could see is Berry/Rainey over Allen depending on if they have a equal ST player to replace Allen. I would give Simon the edge over McAdoo - unless he comes up with the "mysterious" season ending.

Ha. I just resurrected your old thread on this...

Nice job. I like that you had their ages listed. I don't see many north of 30.

I believe Simon makes the team too.

Leach could be cut unless we are standing pat on LT. Losing his contract would free up money to sign a LT. He's an expensive one dimensional player and we just drafted his cheap replacement who is much more versatile. We'll see.

Cody could be a casualty too if he doesn't step up. Sure he's cheap, but his play last year does not warrant taking up a roster spot.

Blog Entries

Don't forget Bryan Hall.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Cody could be a casualty too if he doesn't step up. Sure he's cheap, but his play last year does not warrant taking up a roster spot.
    I actually don't think Cody is one of the 53 best players on the team. He's in a contract year anyway, so if the 7th or 8th DL spot comes down to him or DeAngelo Tyson, I don't think he makes it.

It's a pickle with Leach. Based on everything the Ravens have said thus far, I don't think they'll play Juszczyk at TE at all--he's going to be a fullback, end of story, and nobody carries 2 pure fullbacks. Without cross-listing him as the 3rd TE I have to think he'll push Leach off the roster. In that case, I fully expect Furstenburg to make the team as the 3rd FB--he might be the smallest TE on the team by measurements, but he's probably a better blocker today than either Pitta or Dickson, and even if he's not going to be the "blocking" TE he's more than good enough to stick as the backup guy.

I don't think McAdoo makes it. People are overrating him--he hasn't played a snap of football since 2009 and he's not very good at all. If Simon does get the "phantom IR," I think Adrian Hamilton would get the call over McAdoo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I actually don't think Cody is one of the 53 best players on the team. He's in a contract year anyway, so if the 7th or 8th DL spot comes down to him or DeAngelo Tyson, I don't think he makes it.
    Agree with you in that by final cut-down time, I think this is very possible. The OP's caveat was that it was "as of today" though, so I guess Cody still ranks on the pecking order, but he is no lock -- in the end -- to make the team in my eyes. The only thing going for him is they've sunk 3 years into him already, he's still cheap, and....the faint hope that maybe, just maybe, he'll give them a big performance in his walk year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't think McAdoo makes it. People are overrating him--he hasn't played a snap of football since 2009 and he's not very good at all. If Simon does get the "phantom IR," I think Adrian Hamilton would get the call over McAdoo.
    Agree. McAdoo is the classic case of the guy who people get excited about only because they know nothing about him. His only claim to fame is there's no game tape on him, so no one can prove with 100% certainty that he sucks. So therefore.... he might be awesome. I'm thinking not.

And my only real beef with us keeping McAdoo and Harewood around for so long is that we are wasting coaching time on guys who aren't going to make a difference. On the back end of the roster/PS, you really want to make sure you're developing guys with the potential to occupy real, definite roles on your team. There's got to be better "raw material" out there for the coaches to mess around with; guys with more experience, better technique, and who have more experience in better coaching environments.

That's why I liked the Ricky Wagner pick so much. Sure the guy fell off last year. But jeez... he was a 2 year starter at LT at a major program, a program known for churning out killer Olinemen, and has a lot of physical tools, experience, and good coaching under his belt. You can build off that. That's a guy who's maybe needs a specific cardio program, or a footwork correction or technique adjustment, maybe some simple thing that can make the difference in him becoming a good NFL player.

It may not work out, but you have the chance with a guy like that.

Also, Rolando McClain is probably on the bubble at this stage, with a number of scenarios possible with the LBs where he could get bumped. With versatility being emphasized, I could see a Nigel Carr getting the nod over Rolando when it's all said and done.

Rolando as the starter, wow. In my book he is a bubble player. He needs to demonstrate his willingness to be a part of this team

If healthy I am pretty sure Jameel will be the starter together with AB, if not it will be McClelland or Bynes.

Other bubble players.. Streeter, Jensen, Wagner, Marc Anthony and McAdoo.. And maybe even Tyson and Deonte.

OK.. did some math and we got WAY younger. Assuming the list above..

I don't have the months in here so we're older than this in the official calculation I'm sure,
    (Baltimores ast year's ave age in parenthesis)

Offense Ave Age 25.3 (27.7)
    Defense Ave Age 25.9 (28.9)

Team Ave 25.8 (28.3)

Last year's youngest team ave age were the Seahawks with 26.1.

http://www.footballperspective.com/t...teams-in-2012/

Is LaQuan Williams really eligible to be on the practice squad?

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    Rolando as the starter, wow. In my book he is a bubble player. He needs to demonstrate his willingness to be a part of this team

If healthy I am pretty sure Jameel will be the starter together with AB, if not it will be McClelland or Bynes.

Other bubble players.. Streeter, Jensen, Wagner, Marc Anthony and McAdoo.. And maybe even Tyson and Deonte.
    If Rolando McClain makes the team it will be as a starter. He is the most talented ILB on the roster, the only thing that will keep him from making the team is making poor decisions off the field. If the FO decides he's worth the trouble, you can bet he'll be on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    Is LaQuan Williams really eligible to be on the practice squad?

that was my question as well. I don't think he is eligible

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Don't forget Bryan Hall.
    Good catch. I don't have him on the 53 right now. I think he'll be IRed and saved for 2014 and 2015.