Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

I'm at at wait and see approach. Ozzie will get someone in there later then sooner. June cuts are money pickups for the Oz. Alot of good options as you all have stated. Someone will get there, I'm not on board with Oher at Lt, but if that's the plan o well. KO can be there, but truth he is a monster at G. We could be very well be looking for a LG again and not LT. Maybe Wagner sides to RT and KO stay at G. I don't know, but I do know, we will find hopefully the best 5 before we crush mile high hopes again. I'll wait til at least OTa's to see what kind of plan could be for our line.

He has a meeting set up with the Chargers as well per Jason La Canfora

Still in touch with Ravens, short visit to Dolphins today, meeting later with Chargers....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...s-still-option
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Do you remember the play in the SB, when McKinnie forgot to block his man and Joe got creamed??

That play could have lost the game if Joe would have fumbled.

I don't think the Raven really belive that McKinnie is there guy.
    I don't think the Ravens really want McKinnie back either, but he may be their best option.
    The top 3 LTs were snatched up by pick #4, and M. Watson (10th pick, round 2) and T. Armstead (13th pick, round 3) weren't available when Ravens selected... Bc

Blog Entries

Scott Garceau said he did have a physical down there.

That should have ruled him out already.

:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still in touch with Ravens, short visit to Dolphins today, meeting later with Chargers....
    Chargers ? Don't they have an outstanding LT in Gaither ? ... Bc

Raise your hand if you think McKinnie is working out and in shape? That's what I thought crickets. Last off season all the talk was of him losing weight and getting in shape. When it was time for camp, he conveniently had a back injury. Cough Cough. He fat ass wasn't in shape and he never will be dedicated to his craft. I remember a time we were all clamoring when the the "BIG LAZY" Gaither left.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Chargers ? Don't they have an outstanding LT in Gaither ? ... Bc
    They cut him.. sloppy seconds again SD? :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    They cut him [Gaither].. sloppy seconds again SD? :)
    Imagine if he would have stayed in shape, and had an attitude adjustment. He would be the Ravens starting LT, had a Super Bowl ring, and a multi-million $$$ contract. Some guys never learn... Bc

I listen to San Diego sports talk radio a lot and the Chargers are VERY aware of the mistake they made with Gaither. Since McKinnie's reputation is tainted and nobody else has thrown the dice on him yet, I'd guess that San Diego is going to be taking everything McKinnie & his agent may say with a massive grain of salt, if it even gets that far. Add the fact that the Chargers have changed head coach and GM, I wonder how willing the new guys would be to take a chance on the underachieving McKinnie and have things play out in a similar way to the Gaither debacle.

iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CA Raven View Post
    I listen to San Diego sports talk radio a lot and the Chargers are VERY aware of the mistake they made with Gaither. Since McKinnie's reputation is tainted and nobody else has thrown the dice on him yet, I'd guess that San Diego is going to be taking everything McKinnie & his agent may say with a massive grain of salt, if it even gets that far. Add the fact that the Chargers have changed head coach and GM, I wonder how willing the new guys would be to take a chance on the underachieving McKinnie and have things play out in a similar way to the Gaither debacle.
    While that may be true, they may be the most desperate team in need of a LT. They've got a franchise QB who is coming into the final years of his deal. Spanos wants to win now and one of the biggest reasons why they tanked last year...and the year before...and the year before that is because their OL hasn't been good since Marcus McNeil was there and healthy. Jeromy Clary will probably be replaced by DJ Fluker, so getting McKinnie would at least give them a year or two of serviceable play at LT.

The Ravens could use McKinnie, but I don't think they necessarily "need" him to win and be successful.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.