Blog Entries

Question Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Roger Saffold.
    Will he be a FA in 2014? What do you think it would take to get him? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    But he doesn't. He wants every penny he can squeeze out of his next team. And the Bolts or Fins are likely to pay him more. Especially since any Ravens offer will be heavily loaded with incentives--& IMO McKinnie trusts them to honor incentives about as much as the team trusts him to fulfill the spirit (rather than the letter) of them.
    You would think the Chargers would have learned their lesson re: ex-Raven LT's with a history of poor work ethic.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the Ravens don't want McKinnie back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Roger Saffold.
    I like Saffold a lot, but am not sure that he is a LT. I like Eugene Monroe a lot more though, especially since his 2013 salary is only $3.8M and he will be a FA in 2014. I don't know if the Jags want to pay him the big contract it will take to keep him after this season though. Trading for Monroe would be incredible. The Ravens could then let Oher walk after this season, and replace him with a low cost alternative like Gaines at RT.

Blog Entries

Now the Cowboys are supposedly in the mix for McKinnie.

ProFootballTalk 10:41am via TweetDeck

Cowboys entering the Bryant McKinnie mix, as Dolphins and Chargers have offers on table wp.me/p14QSB-8D2t

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Cowboys entering the Bryant McKinnie mix, as Dolphins and Chargers have offers on table wp.me/p14QSB-8D2t
    I can't see McKinnie coming back here. He is the only FA OT currently available that can play LT. There are a number of teams in the league that are desperate for a decent LT. Someone is going to offer him more guaranteed money than the Ravens are willing to pay. I hope Ozzie has a better Plan B ready to go than having KO play LT this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I can't see McKinnie coming back here. He is the only FA OT currently available that can play LT. There are a number of teams in the league that are desperate for a decent LT. Someone is going to offer him more guaranteed money than the Ravens are willing to pay. I hope Ozzie has a better Plan B ready to go than having KO play LT this year.
    Agreed.

McKinnie is about to get (over)paid!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

The one thing we werent going to do was get into a bidding war for him. If this is the case and these negotiations are outside what we deem realistic for him, hes as good as gone. To my knowledge there hasnt been any numbers being thrown about, so we could still be within our right price for the right player, but the more teams involved the less likely that becomes.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I hope so (Ozzie plan B) to or alternatively I sure hope they are right about KO though his problems with speed rushers while at RT has me worried.

Ozzie has a number of compensatory picks in his pocket in all probability, I am guessing he has had some exploratory conversations about what it would take to pry a guy like Saffold from the Rams or another target. We all would like the LT position solidified yesterday, Ozzie though is not beholden to meet that timeline. Hopefully there is a plan.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The one thing we werent going to do was get into a bidding war for him. If this is the case and these negotiations are outside what we deem realistic for him, hes as good as gone. To my knowledge there hasnt been any numbers being thrown about, so we could still be within our right price for the right player, but the more teams involved the less likely that becomes.
    I gotta believe he is as good as gone. No rumors the Ravens are involved at this point. Multiple teams now involved. Lets get real though. Its not like McKinnie came in here in shape last year and gave us a complete solid season. He gave us essentially 4 solid games. You don't get in a bidding war for a guy like that. If he happens to fall at your price (vet min or slightly above) then fine, if not you move on and look at other options.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

The Ravens don't want him back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I gotta believe he is as good as gone. No rumors the Ravens are involved at this point. Multiple teams now involved. Lets get real though. Its not like McKinnie came in here in shape last year and gave us a complete solid season. He gave us essentially 4 solid games. You don't get in a bidding war for a guy like that. If he happens to fall at your price (vet min or slightly above) then fine, if not you move on and look at other options.
    The Ravens don't have the cap room to get into a bidding war for McKinnie anyway. Regardless, I don't think they value McKinnie highly enough given his age and conditioning history (as you stated above) to even try to do that. I disagree with posters though who say that the Ravens don't want him back. I think they have clearly indicated that they do want him back, but just not at the price that it would take to get a deal done now that several other teams are in the mix for him.