Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

I cannot believe somebody is actually serious about wanting Tebow.

With that being said, the only place I could see him fitting in would be to a team like us, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, etc. that has an established QB that has absolutely zero chance of not being the starting QB other then major injury requiring the back up to fill in.

Any team that has QB issues still trying to find "The Guy" would be out of their minds bringing in Tebow to compete for the starting job as the distraction that comes along with him is just not worth it.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    ... if not for the baggage of the Jets' experience.
    Myth. That "baggage" has been with Tebow since he won the Heisman. It's a cult following that thinks he can do no wrong, resulting in a devisiveness that the Ravens simply don't need. He would have the same problems if he never wore a Jets' uniform.

He won football games for Denver like Trent Dilfer won football games for the Ravens.
    Exactly.

And screwing over Dilfer for Grbac was probably the only real mistake this organization has ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Exactly.

And screwing over Dilfer for Grbac was probably the only real mistake this organization has ever made.
    Leon Searcy, Sergio Kindle....but hey, who's counting...
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

It's a cult following that thinks he can do no wrong, resulting in a devisiveness that the Ravens simply don't need.
    I think I've already said more than once that I don't want him here.

My only point is that he's better than his reputation, and he'd make a decent backup for some other team.

He would have the same problems if he never wore a Jets' uniform.
    I think his problem with the Jets had more to do with the organization than with Tebow. He was hyped to circus levels by the organization, and that whole wildcat thing was a load of crap. Woody brought Tebow in because he was a media sensation, and for no other reason. And when Sanchez started stinkin up the joint, even then they never gave Tebow the ball. (because at that point, even a mediocre QB like Tebow would have looked good relative to Sanchez, causing fan problems if they had to replace him).

It was a bad situation... made worse as you suggest, by the cult of Tebow overvaluing his play.

Tebow is nowehere near as good as the cult of Tebow thinks he is.

Nor is he anywhere near as bad as his detractors think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Leon Searcy, Sergio Kindle....but hey, who's counting...

I think the Dilfer mistake cost them much more.. (although it's hard to argue with those examples)

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    He won football games for Denver like Trent Dilfer won football games for the Ravens.
    Trent Dilfer is 100 times the passer Tebow is.

Tebow is horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Trent Dilfer is 100 times the passer Tebow is.

Tebow is horrible
    No argument here. The point was that Denver won games, but not because of Tebow. That defense carried them to those victories, much like the Ravens defense carried them to victories in the 1st Super Bowl run. Only Disneyworld thought Dilfer led the Ravens to the Super Bowl victory.

Tebow has beaten exactly one team with a winning record and that was a home game where the Dick Lebeau and the Steelers completely over thought their game plan and played the entire game playing man to man with 9 guys in the box on every single snap.

His record is not as impressive when you look deeper than just the record on the surface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Hell to the fucking no!

If Joe treated Tyrod to a McNuggets happy meal and a meteor came through the roof of McDonalds crushing both of them the Ravens would still pass on Tebow. Being a bad QB trumps being a decent guy.

Blog Entries

Deleted.
    Last edited by Mista T; 04-30-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: please limit political statements to the Politics forum
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.