Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
I hear this a bunch in regards to Doss. What games stand out to you where he had drops? I can only remember the Indianapolis game, where there were some passes in the end zone. Joe targeted him twice and both would have been tough catches.
He was targeted 3 times in that game, no catches. He "dropped" 2 in the end zone. That is what I recall. Targeted 20 times in his career, 7 catches. He was only active in 6 of 16 regular season games. I recall both of those end zone balls were catchable. Maybe not perfect throws, but catchable. LaQuan Williams, an undrafted free agent, was active 11 games last year. Maybe this was Special team related, but to say Doss has shown us anything so far as a wide out is a stretch.

I hope he comes back and proves me wrong, but I think anyone who says he is an adequate replacement for Boldin is basing this on their heart, not their head.

From the Sun after the Indy game-----
Tandon Doss doesn’t get as much playing time as other wide receivers in the Ravens offense. But that didn’t prevent him from chiding himself for dropping two balls in the end zone in Sunday’s 24-9 win against the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Wildcard playoff round.

On second down-and-goal from Indianapolis’ 5-yard line in the second quarter, Doss ran an in route from the left side of the formation, but quarterback Joe Flacco’s pass glanced off Doss’ hands as he dove at the goal line. On the very next play, Flacco tried to connect with Doss again in the back of the end zone, but the second-year receiver couldn’t corral the pass.

"Touched my hands,” Doss said of the throws. “I’ve got to make them. … Got to make them. That’s what I’m paid to do. So that’s on me.”