Thread: Ravens Defense

Ravens Defense

I think we are going to see even more "organized chaos" next year with multiple fronts, etc. Maybe even some disorganized chaos with all the new blood.

I would like to see some of the following:

Dumervil, Williams, Ngata, Suggs

Upshaw, Arthur Brown, Simon (blitz)

Elam (knock somebody out in the middle)

Webb Graham

Huff (patrollin')

Or perhaps put elam in upshaw's spot and have jimmy smith in the middle covering the tight end?

Just having fun....looks vicious though. Probably played too much madden

Re: Ravens Defense

i like the new defense a lot. we lost some good starters, but the guys we signed and drafted should make up for the losses.

I can't think of how this defense won't be much better. Calling all chicken littles.

Elvis is an upgrade over Kruger.

Upshaw playing 3 down/ Arthur brown should make up for loss of Ellerbe (ellerbe was a solid run stopper)

I don't know how we are going to fit in Simon, i think he will be a rotation player to begin the season.

One position where i think we are weaker is the secondaries. Losing Reed hurts, and it should be expected that way, when you lose a HOF player. But hopefully Huff and Elam makes up for that loss.

I also hope Webbie comes back healthy after his 2nd ACL tear.

I love the moves but it will be some of the regulars getting healthy and productive that will bring it all together. Webb, Suggs and Nagta could be the foundation of the best d in the nfl if they return to form.

Overall though it looks like we have a much deeper d line and a faster back 7 and Elvis is in the building.

:T2: