Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Juszczyk

Re: Kyle Juszczyk

I think Leach was in danger even before drafting Juszczyk, but isn't in much more now that we have him. If Leach takes a pay cut I think they find a way to fit both.

As for Juszczyk himself, I couldn't be happier because I've been waiting for us to get a player like him for years, and he's probably the best FB/TE/H-back hybrid to come out in awhile.

Delanie Walker comes to mind.

He was very useful for the 49ers and made some key plays in the SuperBowl.

iggyman555 Guest

James Casey also comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    I havent watched much of James Casey. Was he very productive?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    I havent watched much of James Casey. Was he very productive?
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5138/james-casey

not too bad for a HB/TE

also very good blocker
    Last edited by iggyman555; 04-28-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Blog Entries

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5138/james-casey

not too bad for a HB/TE

also very good blocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    Delanie Walker comes to mind.

He was very useful for the 49ers and made some key plays in the SuperBowl.
    Not key ENOUGH!

Bitches.

Blog Entries
    I too thought of James Casey. However, K-J is much more of a capable run blocker.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The more I see this kid play, the more I think he's going to be a tight end/ H back on our team, and maybe we go without a full back altogether. Rice and Pierce are both very productive out of one back sets and this kids ability to motion out and play the slot is legit.

If Caldwell has him, Pitta and Ed in, teams will have to either send out the heavy d to stop the run, and then we have 5 legit receivers to send out, or they'll have to go nickel and we'll be able to run straight at the spot a linebacker should be.

I think he adds a level of flexibility to the base offense that Leach simply doesn't, even though leach is definitely a better pure FB
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The more I see this kid play, the more I think he's going to be a tight end/ H back on our team, and maybe we go without a full back altogether. Rice and Pierce are both very productive out of one back sets and this kids ability to motion out and play the slot is legit.

If Caldwell has him, Pitta and Ed in, teams will have to either send out the heavy d to stop the run, and then we have 5 legit receivers to send out, or they'll have to go nickel and we'll be able to run straight at the spot a linebacker should be.

I think he adds a level of flexibility to the base offense that Leach simply doesn't, even though leach is definitely a better pure FB
    This is exactly what they're trying to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    The guy can play FB, if you watched the senior bowl and scouts list him as a FB. He can also block his arse off and catch. This either does two things, makes Leach take a paycut (not making 4+ Million) not many teams even use a FB and average price is about 2M so he wont have many options or will get the same or less $$ with another team or they can just release him once they see the Harvard dude in minicamp and TC. You dont need to be a genius to play FB, plus he is from Harvard I bet he can figure it out.
    Remember Leach's five yard flat/curl route early in the SB, and a few other times last season? Juice can run it quicker, and for more YAC, or he could run a wheel/raider for 8, 16 or 25 yards. He could also run a pivot, zip or a cross. (These are somewhat common terms for combo routes in 3WR/1TE or 4WR spread formations.)

You can shift him from behind Joe, out to the Jacoby and Pitta side of the formation for a bunch or trips look which has its own benefits, but would in particular draw the attention of the deep safety, thus putting Torrey (lined up opposite the bunch/trips side) in a 1-on-1 situation.

Maybe the best benefit is that just like a LB will struggle to cover Ray, he will struggle even more so to cover Juice with his far greater slot/spread familiarity and coverage recognition.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    The guy can play FB, if you watched the senior bowl and scouts list him as a FB. He can also block his arse off and catch. This either does two things, makes Leach take a paycut (not making 4+ Million) not many teams even use a FB and average price is about 2M so he wont have many options or will get the same or less $$ with another team or they can just release him once they see the Harvard dude in minicamp and TC. You dont need to be a genius to play FB, plus he is from Harvard I bet he can figure it out.
    He can't block like this!!! Selective Amnesia

He may end up similar to Walker in how the Ravens utilize him, but he already has better hands and runs crisper routes than Walker. Walker had an epically bad drop rate last year with 9 drops off just 30 catchable targets. And it's not like last year was just an anomaly as he was at or near the top of the list for TEs in 2011 as well.