View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do with Rolando McClain?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut him NOW!

29 23.39%
  • Wait until the draft then cut him

16 12.90%
  • Keep him on the team and see what he can do in camp

35 28.23%
  • Nothing. Let him stay on the team. This is a minor incident.

16 12.90%
  • Wait until more information is public then act

28 22.58%
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 303132
    Blog Entries

Re: Rolando McClain Arrested -- What should the Ravens do with him? (Poll)

I don't understand the move in the first place, but they made it. So now they may as well put him to work and see what he's got. No need to knee jerk, the damage to an extent is already done in terms of perception.

Maybe he can turn it around and become a good story... but I doubt it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I get the feeling they said get your dumb ass up here and quit fucking around with your loser friends.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If Cody or Upshaw really want to have him on the team, maybe they can offer to put him up for awhile so he can get used to working out at the Castle & being part of it--meanwhile keeping him the hell away from Decatur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    LMOA exactly dude.

I would not be shocked if Ozzie told him flat out that if he even hears that Rolando steps foot in Decateur before the roster is set that he will cut his ass in Alabama second.

That's no idle threat if you understand that Ozzie beyond having gone to Alabama was born and raised pretty damn close to Decateur. Rolando knows that and I dont think he will be back there till after we win the SB :)
    Problem here is it's not just Decatur.

It is apparently McClains MO to begin with.

You can tell him to stay out of Decatur but we have more then enough temptations of our own up here both in the county and the city.

Classic example Right Here

This is a county location that's relatively popular with some of the Ravens that isn't very far from Owings Mills.

The place has had altercations in prior years involving some Ravens IIRC.

Guys like McCrary have had incidents in bars downtown and McCrary to my knowledge was never one that carried around a stigma of being a problem like McClain.

You can take the dude out of Decatur but the likely hood of taking the history of how he behaves and what he likes to do in his spare time ain't going anywhere regardless of where he decides not to live anymore.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Problem here is it's not just Decatur.

It is apparently McClains MO to begin with.

You can tell him to stay out of Decatur but we have more then enough temptations of our own up here both in the county and the city.

Classic example Right Here

This is a county location that's relatively popular with some of the Ravens that isn't very far from Owings Mills.

The place has had altercations in prior years involving some Ravens IIRC.

Guys like McCrary have had incidents in bars downtown and McCrary to my knowledge was never one that carried around a stigma of being a problem like McClain.

You can take the dude out of Decatur but the likely hood of taking the history of how he behaves and what he likes to do in his spare time ain't going anywhere regardless of where he decides not to live anymore.
    Very familiar with that establishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Very familiar with that establishment.
    Living in Woodlawn, I bet you are.

Haven't been there in many, many years although I ride by it on occasion when working.

Millstream Inn is just a hop, skip and jump from there as well which I'm sure McClain would find to be to his liking as well.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: You have to be kidding me....Rolando McClain arrested

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How does one town glorifying one player indicative of "the south" and it's treatment of troubled players?!?!

Isaiah Crowell was kicked off the Georgia football team. Cameron Clear was booted out of TN. And we all know the history of the Honey Badger.

Plenty of players have been kicked out of SEC / southern schools. That's just of the top of my head.

EDIT: Austin Flynn had to change schools
    It is very very difficult to get kicked out of an SEC school. Most of the time the kid that is kicked out is a problem in area of football in addition to off the field. Honey Badger said he failed more than 10 drug tests before he was suspended. Cameron Clear robbed the house of other Tennessee scholarship athletes. Crowell was suspended twice his freshman year before being arrested for a concealed weapon on campus. it was a handgun with an altered serial number. Richt is one coach that does discipline his kids a bit more than the others.

The kids are catered to and only required to play football. They have little in the way of academic requirements. If you doubt that google Johnny Manziel and online courses.

It is not so much the schools as it is the towns where they grow up. They come from small towns were football is king. They rarely if ever have anyone telling them no.

Blog Entries

Re: You have to be kidding me....Rolando McClain arrested

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It is very very difficult to get kicked out of an SEC school. Most of the time the kid that is kicked out is a problem in area of football in addition to off the field. Honey Badger said he failed more than 10 drug tests before he was suspended. Cameron Clear robbed the house of other Tennessee scholarship athletes. Crowell was suspended twice his freshman year before being arrested for a concealed weapon on campus. it was a handgun with an altered serial number. Richt is one coach that does discipline his kids a bit more than the others.

The kids are catered to and only required to play football. They have little in the way of academic requirements. If you doubt that google Johnny Manziel and online courses.

It is not so much the schools as it is the towns where they grow up. They come from small towns were football is king. They rarely if ever have anyone telling them no.
    In watching the Auburn stuff that's come up recently regarding the herbal weed, they said that most SEC schools, particularly the big time ones like Bama, have what amounts to 24 hour chaperones for the players. It's near impossible for them to screw up unless they're really going out of their way

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!