Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

John Harbaugh: One Tough Mudder

I did last year's Tough Mudder Mid-Atlantic at Frederick, MD (Side story, was a HUGE debacle...ended up getting cancelled due to rain early on Saturday and both the parking and track were such a mess they cancelled Sunday too, leading to scheduling this weekend's one in Spring). I don't plan to do anymore, but it was a great training experience and a hell of a lot of fun, through a hell of a lot of pain.

Saw this on BR.com. John, Juan, Kevin Byrne, spouses, and a few other people did this as a team. Reason #182351 I love our coach. Look at his face on these pics, he was having a BLAST. There are a good amount of HC in the NFL I can't see doing this kind of thing.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/photo...0-df8784c3ea94
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh: One Tough Mudder

idk, I could easily see Andy Reid doing this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    idk, I could easily see Andy Reid doing this
    bwahaha.

Pagano, if not for battling leukemia, is one I could definitely see.

I remember a couple months before I did it, I saw that David Tyree was doing it for charity (He was asking for people to sponsor him with his own cause, the event itself is supposed to raise awareness and some funds for Wounded Warrior Project).

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=6304451
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how anyone can not like having this guy as the HC, its obvious that Steve made a great choice, although I think we would have been fine with Rex too (just my opinion on that huge debate). He's just a great person, and probably the most underrated coaches in the league, even after winning the SB.

Blog Entries

looks like he's sporting a goatee - Harbs getting an attitude ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Thanks for posting this. Harbs is a good guy.

Harbs needs to keep the scruff

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how anyone can not like having this guy as the HC, its obvious that Steve made a great choice, although I think we would have been fine with Rex too (just my opinion on that huge debate). He's just a great person, and probably the most underrated coaches in the league, even after winning the SB.
    Totally agreed.

Yet some fans of this team feel the need to tear him down.

Blog Entries

Easily one of the most successful coaches over the last 5 years. Maybe even the most successful.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

That ice bath is no joke.

I did a Warrior Dash last year and they had an ice obstacle. It takes your breath away and it's a serious struggle once you're in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I did a Warrior Dash last year and they had an ice obstacle. It takes your breath away and it's a serious struggle once you're in.
    You're whole body tenses up.

Lot of fun though. I did a couple of Warrior Dashes a few years ago. Good times had by all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Suprisingly, that wasn't all that bad when I did it, though I did it in early September, so it wasn't too cold out.

For me, the worst was the damn electric obstacles. It's 65% mental, and about 35% physical. I only got shocked once, but it was a nice thud on my back. I lucked out on the Electroshock at the end.

I'm running Warrior Dash for 2nd year in a row in May...the way I look at TM vs WD....TM pushes me to the limit but also destroys me. WD pushes me a little, but I can actually enjoy it.