Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    While I want it harder for criminals, radicals, and the mental deranged to get their hands on weapons, I also believe in the 2nd amendment and every citizen's right to own fire arms (ust maybe not for the same reasons as you).
    The NRA has been calling for the exact same things for years.

Blog Entries

Re: All Versions of Gun Bill Go Down in Flames

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The NRA has been calling for the exact same things for years.
    Two problems here.

One, that's just a fundamental lack of knowledge about guns. Changing a mag on an AR 15 is incredibly simple and does not offer any significant amount of time for someone to seek cover -- at most, a second or two.

Second, as it's been played out many times when their was a mag ban in the 90's, it wont make a lick of difference with criminals getting them. A mag, as it was shown during the 90's, will simply limit them to law abiding people. Do you really think these asshats would have not obtained them if their were a ban in effect?

If banning something worked, we'd have no drug problem in this country.
    Separate question, but is it confirmed they were using ARs, havent heard that yet.

As far as reload time thats still time not shooting. Thats the point even if minimal with an AR. Sandy Hook they say benefitted because he had to reload giving people time to get away/react. Havent you argued on this board you could have made a difference at aurora by waiting for him to reload or react to a jam? It may not be much but that fraction is an argument that maybe saves one life if not more and one inocent life is worth the burden.

Criminals still getting them is 100% true. And like weve debated numerous times laws arent for the law abiding and they arent for the criminal aspect, its more like the ametuer criminal. The guy that wants to do harm but still goes to a store to buy his weapons, aka aurora, SH, etc. It is a very small sample and it is a "burden" for law abiding for that small percentage but i still think some laws make sense that dont infringe on the 2nd. Background checks dont which is why i support them so strongly. <10 i may see reasoning for but im actually apathetic about it. My whole point with this was that there is an argument, that clearly two avid gun owners disagree with but i think there is reasoning there for it.
    -JAB

Aurora, IIRC, his AR jammed on him right away and he switched to a shotgun. Could be wrong though.

Its under that circumstance I said wait for him to reload. It's time consuming to reload a shotgun, thus you have a chance to return fire and / or escape.

Now if he used an AR the whole time, that 1-2 seconds is nothing and changes the whole dynamic.

Aurora, IIRC, his AR jammed on him right away and he switched to a shotgun. Could be wrong though.

Its under that circumstance I said wait for him to reload. It's time consuming to reload a shotgun, thus you have a chance to return fire and / or escape.

Now if he used an AR the whole time, that 1-2 seconds is nothing and changes the whole dynamic.
    Of course assuming he has pre=loaded spare mags... reloading a mag is time consuming no matter what gun it is... They are makign it so difficult to ge ta mag right now that that is a potntial angup.

The last time I went to my local gun store, they sad it was easier to get a full glock then a mag... and they didn't have any idea when complete glocks were coming in. they didn'tthink that they would be able to get spare mags in the next YEAR, or MORE.

Blog Entries

Instead of starting another thread, I'll just post this here.

Report: Suspects not licensed to own guns

Two guys who were hell bent on killing people didn't own their handguns legally, so lets make it tougher for the people who already follow the current laws to own guns :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Two guys who were hell bent on killing people didn't own their handguns legally, so lets make it tougher for the people who already follow the current laws to own guns :grbac:
    That is not the issue....the issue is whether they legally owned the pressure-cookers?