Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tracking the Mocks

Feel free to add mockers, or update with changes to their pick, but here is a rundown of various players that some of the national mock draft publications have going to the Ravens...

Keenan Allan, WR, Cal

Charles Davis, NFL.com; Ryan Lester, BleacherReport.com; Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com; WalterFootball.com

Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern LA

Akbar Gbajabiamila, NFL.com;

Matt Elam, FS, Florida

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com; Bucky Brooks, NFL.com; Gil Brandt, NFL.com; SBNation.com; Tarik El_Bashir, CSNWashington.com

Tank Carridine, DE, FSU

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network (seems to have a different online and TV pick);

Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International

Clark Judge, NFLDraftScout.com; Don Banks, Sports Illustrated

Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn

Pete Prisco, NFLDraftScout.com

Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU

Charlie Casserly, NFL.com; Matt Smith, NFL.com; Josh Norris, NFL.com; Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com; Pat Kirwin, NFLDraftScout.com; Will Brinson, NFLDraftScout.com; Mel Kiper, ESPN; Chris Steuber, Ourlads.com

Justin Pugh, OG, Syracuse

Peter Schrager, FOX Sports

Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame

Todd McShay, ESPN; Russ Lande, National Football Post; Robert Davis, FootballsFuture.com

Trade Down

Dan Hope, BleacherReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Feel free to add mockers, or update with changes to their pick, but here is a rundown of various players that some of the national mock draft publications have going to the Ravens...

Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern LA

Akbar Gbajabiamila, NFL.com;
    This guy is an idiot and has been since the playoffs

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: Tracking the Mocks

Thanks, Shas. Very useful for those of us too busy or lazy(me) to follow all the mocks. One Q; is Pugh projected as a G or a T? Surprised only one mocker predicted we'd trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Thanks, Shas. Very useful for those of us too busy or lazy(me) to follow all the mocks. One Q; is Pugh projected as a G or a T? Surprised only one mocker predicted we'd trade down.
    I think trading down is the most likely possibility, myself. I kind of assume that a lot of mocks don't "allow" this because it kind of screws things up.

None of these players really excite me much more than a whole bunch of players I think they could get through round three. That why trading down makes sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike these players. I just don't think any are can't-miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This guy is an idiot and has been since the playoffs

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't recall hearing from him before. It does seem like an unlikely pick. His rationale is that the Ravens lost Cary Williams. I am guessing he's unaware that Webb and Smith are in line to step man the corners.

Blog Entries

I'm half expecting the Ravens to trade down. I will be hoping for a run at QB's in the first round, so it will push some talent down and/or allow Ozzie to acquire more picks by trading out of the 1st. Then, Ozzie could use the additional picks to trade up in the lower rounds to target a certain player they like. Much like they did with Pierce and Gradkowski last year.

Blog Entries

I think trading down is the most likely possibility, myself. I kind of assume that a lot of mocks don't "allow" this because it kind of screws things up.

None of these players really excite me much more than a whole bunch of players I think they could get through round three. That why trading down makes sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike these players. I just don't think any are can't-miss.
    This (trading down) makes the most sense to me. I'm no draft guru, but there are probably 50 players within a narrow range of ability when you get down to the late 20's in the 1st round. So, why not trade down, pick up an extra 4th, then have two 2nd round picks plus ammo to trade up in later rounds (?) ... Bc

Blog Entries

The only problem with trading down is do we really need more picks? We already have 12. They're almost have to trade up or trade into next year to get value out of that many picks. There is no point in drafting 12 or more players if only 6 to 8 will actually make the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only problem with trading down is do we really need more picks? We already have 12. They're almost have to trade up or trade into next year to get value out of that many picks. There is no point in drafting 12 or more players if only 6 to 8 will actually make the team.
    They could use the additional picks to make trades later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's not a problem if the picks are for next year.

Blog Entries

I don't recall hearing from him before. It does seem like an unlikely pick. His rationale is that the Ravens lost Cary Williams. I am guessing he's unaware that Webb and Smith are in line to step man the corners.
    Well Oz did say if the BPA is a corner, they'll draft him, you can't have too many corners or pass rushers.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,611563.story

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't understand why so much stock gets put into this kind of thing. Nearly all of those guys know a lot less about this team than we do.