Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens feel comfortable with TEO

Like everything else in this draft, it depends on who else is available at that point. He's probably not somebody they would trade up to get, so . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by aewell View Post
    Teo is too soft to be a Raven.. Kind words are all a smoke screen
    +1.

Blog Entries

After shipping out the hardest hitter on the team in body bags, limb by limb, the Ravens only want soft hitters.

It's the way the NFL is going. Guys like Pollard are no go's.

I DON'T PLAY TOUCH FOOOTBALL. T. SUGGS
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Physically I don't see enough from Teo to call him a first round talent and his mental weakness (Specifically blaming Combine Pressure for his poor workout) is a major red flag. If Ozzie takes him I'll root for him, but I don't see him being anything more than a run of the mill B-list linebacker.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Personally I would be pissed if the ravens took teo at 32, but would obviously support the decision. I just think this is the best draft to trade back and get an extra middle round pick. He has great instincts and could be a good possibly great player but it would be a reach to take him that high. Now if we are talking last year and he doesn't return his senior year that is great value. Imagine if we do take him last and then the girlfriend incident happens, 70% of this board would defend him. I loved him as a prospect last year but do not want him on the ravens unless it is great value.

Blog Entries

I'm calling bullshit on this one.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Don't slaughter me here, but I'm beginning to sense a little TEBOW in this TE'O adventure.
    Anyone else getting a whiff of that fragrance too? ... Bc

Blog Entries

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-off-the-board

"We've kind of taken him off the board," one scout told Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "He doesn't have enough ability to put up with all that. Why fool with it? Try-hard, smart (Wonderlic of 23) guy. This was the first year he's really gotten himself in shape. Some of his teammates think he's kind of a phony."

I don't pay to much attention to college football but if there is one guy I don't want its him. There's to much drama surrounding his name. I just rather him get drafted early so we don't have a chance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't slaughter me here, but I'm beginning to sense a little TEBOW in this TE'O adventure.
    Yes I hear his name way to much. I'm done with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    No. Tebow was/is in a whole different league than Te'o. Tebow was never highly rated as a QB while Te'o was and stil is highly rated as a ILB. Apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

"We've kind of taken him off the board," one scout told Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "He doesn't have enough ability to put up with all that. Why fool with it? Try-hard, smart (Wonderlic of 23) guy. This was the first year he's really gotten himself in shape. Some of his teammates think he's kind of a phony."
    This has SMOKESCREEN written all over it. And it comes within another article that pans Te'o while not backing up it's claims:

I mean jeez:

Opinions vary wildly on Te'o, like most prospects. We believe he is on the board for most teams despite a relatively common skill set. Other scouts noticed that Te'o's playing speed is faster than his timed speed. He was compared to A.J. Hawk. In a survey of scouts, T'eo ranked as the second best 4-3 middle linebacker prospect behind LSU's Kevin Minter. Te'o ranked as the top 3-4 inside linebacker prospect, just edging out Minter.

Both Minter and Te'o are lucky because they come out in a year where many teams drafting toward the end of the first round are looking for inside linebackers. The Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, and Baltimore Ravens all could be looking at the position.
    Well make up your mind? Are opinions really varying wildly when he is consensus #1 or #2? What does relatively common skill set mean? That he should be a 5th round pick? UDFA? Common skill set for what a team wants in an ILB? Is that a bad thing? Is it really unusual for teams to be looking for an ILB? If the consensus is that he's ranked 1 or 2 why highlight a Bob McGinn hit piece from just one unnamed scout that doesn't even fucking say that his team has in fact taken him off their board? ("kind of"" is not definitive).

No, no, no, No. Seems like Greg Rosenthal woke up on the grumpy side of the bed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    No. Tebow was/is in a whole different league than Te'o. Tebow was never highly rated as a QB while Te'o was and stil is highly rated as a ILB. Apples and oranges.
    Tebow, right or wrong, was a 1st round draft choice. If you recall he was the result of a trade between Denver and the Ravens. The Broncos thought so highly of him that they traded us their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round draft choices. "Apples and oranges" ...what are you talking about? ... Bc