Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Arkansas-Pine Bluff OT Terron Armstead Scouting Report

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If they came up with any kind of source for this idea that the Ravens are trying to sign McKinnie I'd have a much easier time buying it. Unless you are a known guy with a long history like Glazer or Schefter you can't just announce things without printing where it's coming from.
    just throwing it out there but adding "says a source" doesnt make it anymore legitimate. usually with these types of things its anonymous, so really who is the "source"?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    just throwing it out there but adding "says a source" doesnt make it anymore legitimate. usually with these types of things its anonymous, so really who is the "source"?
    Do you believe that the Ravens have stepped up their offer or even have an offer to McKinnie based on what's written on that site?

Blog Entries

Waaay o/t, but--

Every time I'm scrolling down past this thread my eyes transmit "Terron Armisted" to the brain & I get a real say-whaat? moment--because the first match my brain makes to those letters is Terrorist Arrested.....& after the Marathon bombs that's not all that unlikely to show up here (sooner rather than later one hopes).

Anyone else having that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Agree. There's been very little talk in this forum about our Oline. We need another C to start or back up GG; at least a backup G; and at least one quality T. Where do Harewood and Reid stand? Has the team given up on Reid as a T? Can the Ravens make use of Harewood? Not saying we need to fill these holes in the draft, but we need to beef up the O line one way or another.
    I think 2 guys with potential to play LT, and one guy with potential at C is CRITICAL in this draft. With all of our FA moves, thse 3 players are almost ALL our glaring weaknesses. Sure, we could use a WR, ILB, SS etc, but our OLine really needs to be overhauled once more, for like the 5th time in as many years...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think 2 guys with potential to play LT, and one guy with potential at C is CRITICAL in this draft. With all of our FA moves, thse 3 players are almost ALL our glaring weaknesses. Sure, we could use a WR, ILB, SS etc, but our OLine really needs to be overhauled once more, for like the 5th time in as many years...
    Yes. Shame about both Reid and the unlamented O Cousins -- two rather high picks that did not work out. IIRC, we traded up to get Reid in the 3rd, and he looked like h e could be an OT. Looking forward. we have two excellent Gs, a decent RT, and a possible C, with little or no depth anywhere. Add someone who is competent at C and G; a vet LT and a developmental LT (a good one -- not another 6th rounder like Harewood) and start our run to the next SB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Do you believe that the Ravens have stepped up their offer or even have an offer to McKinnie based on what's written on that site?
    No, I dont think so. I think at this point theyve just said theyre interested. maybe stepping up their offer is simply saying they plan on extending him one after the draft.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    profootballcentral is actually pretty reliable. i follow them on twitter, and they've been on point with their info.
    That is the same site that was saying Ellerbe was close to re-signing here the day of and before the start of UFA.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don't think C is critical in this draft...I'd maybe take one late or just grab a cheap vet.

This team by every and all appearances is completely sold on Gino. He played pretty well against a solid/good front in Cincinnati. He has a full offseason to add some strength...I am totally comfortable with him starting.

I do realize the need for a backup, but I don't think we need to spend a high or even mid pick on a guy for that position.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That is the same site that was saying Ellerbe was close to re-signing here the day of and before the start of UFA.
    I'm not sure if that is incorrect. The Ravens did make an offer to Ellerbe prior to FA, but Ellerbe decided to just wait until FA opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think C is critical in this draft...I'd maybe take one late or just grab a cheap vet.

This team by every and all appearances is completely sold on Gino. He played pretty well against a solid/good front in Cincinnati. He has a full offseason to add some strength...I am totally comfortable with him starting.

I do realize the need for a backup, but I don't think we need to spend a high or even mid pick on a guy for that position.
    agree with this pick completely.

We NEED another option at the position, but I too like Gino's chances. I said in another thread that even at the bottom of the third, Barrett Jones might be "too expensive" for the role we have available as top interior backup. Woudl rather see a 4th/5th guy for that role. Also, would like to see a guy like maybe Chris Faulk int he 2/3 area, followed up by Luke Marquadt int he 6/7 area for LT prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm not sure if that is incorrect. The Ravens did make an offer to Ellerbe prior to FA, but Ellerbe decided to just wait until FA opened.
    Of course they made an offer. But those "Ellerbe is close to resigning" posts were put out during the 3 day "tampering allowed" window. It's not like Ellerbe had no idea what he was being offered by other teams during that timeframe. He didn't sign it because he wasn't getting offered close to what the other teams were.

From the horses mouth..."it wasn't nowhere close".

http://bit.ly/WgMsAA