Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 LastLast

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I think people are underrating this way too much. Suggs and Ngata have already publicly acknowledge that they need to step up. Webb also has great leader qualities. Von Miller just said in an interview how Doom will be missed for his leadership qualities. So there's 4 on D.

On O, we got Rice and Flacco, as well as Torrey (more of a lead by example guy).

Honestly, this is being blown out of proportion. If he shows up to camp being a dickhead, the boys on D are gunna sit him down and give him the business. Why didn't this happen in Oakland? They don't have established leaders even close ot the extent of Baltimore.
    I agree, I don't think this point can be emphasized enough. Rolando is coming into a strong and stable locker room of a winning team, not the perennial losing team that has 15 players on their roster who were there in 2011. Name a leader on the Raider's roster? I have no doubt he'll get plenty of support and guidance, and if needed someone will get in his grill. Plus, you know Harbaugh won't tolerate any BS. Considering his history as a pro he should arrive into the raven's locker room with a degree of humility. If he's an ass, he'll be discarded quickly.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I also find it interesting how Rolando McClain had next to zero character concerns coming into the NFL and all of a sudden magically turns into this criminal after a season in Oakland. He also had a really good rookie year, people seem to forget about that too.
    I found that kind of odd as well. The guys been on his own since 15 and was considered the mature leader at Alabama. Oakland has that effect on people though.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Don't forget about Dumerville as a leader in the locker room. He was a team captain in Denver and von miller couldn't speak more highly of the guys leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I found that kind of odd as well. The guys been on his own since 15 and was considered the mature leader at Alabama. Oakland has that effect on people though.
    Agreed. Fans of other teams especially Oak fans are quick to point out how much of a douche he is, but fail to point out that he was the complete opposite in college with virtually no concerns. What the hell happened? Either way, I think he ends up being here long term considering he came here for peanuts while leaving other offers on the table for more $$. It's a match made in heaven for him and probably also the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't know about others but 70% of my dislike of the move is on the field...since you are quoting a a term I've used in this thread, I've said numerous times he is a turd on the field.

I know leach is saying that he thought he is a solid player, I've watched 4 games so far on game rewind and he looks slow, misses quite a few tackles and is a train wreck in coverage.

Sorry I'm not a fan. I don't care if he offered to play for free, I want zero part of quitters.

It's also a joke that since I don't agree with this move I'm implying Ozzie is stupid...that's preposterous and total overkill. It's typical overdramatizing though so I'm not surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Missed tackles? What missed tackles he was third fewest of ALL Mlb'S for LEAST missed tackles. Are you an expert or something and do more research than PFF? C'mon man up, you actually watched 4 of his games on rewind? I call BS. If you dont like the move fine, but don't lie about misinformation. He graded out pretty well as a top 10 MLB last season AHEAD of ELLERBE, LEWIS and MCClain. He rejected other higher offers to play with Baltimore for various reasons. His play is not what got him cut, his salary did and an entire Oakland house cleaning did. Only 15 players remain since two years ago on Oaklands roster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Missed tackles? What missed tackles he was third fewest of ALL Mlb'S for LEAST missed tackles. Are you an expert or something and do more research than PFF? C'mon man up, you actually watched 4 of his games on rewind? I call BS. If you dont like the move fine, but don't lie about misinformation. He graded out pretty well as a top 10 MLB last season AHEAD of ELLERBE, LEWIS and MCClain. He rejected other higher offers to play with Baltimore for various reasons. His play is not what got him cut, his salary did and an entire Oakland house cleaning did. Only 15 players remain since two years ago on Oaklands roster.
    I agree that a players reputation off the field can often affect his reputation as a player too. He hasn't been a stud in the league, or close to a Ray Lewis or anything like that, but IMO he's been a lot better than what woodlawn thinks he is. His rookie year was really good, his second year was shaky, and last season he was pretty good as a player. I agree that he has issues in coverage and can do with maybe dropping some weight and he does look slow at times out there, but he's a very good player in run support and can be a 3 down LB here in a 3-4, I just have a feeling he's going to turn it on in Baltimore. I could be completely wrong about him, and I will be the first to eat the crow if he blows it here, but I just think he's going to be great here, and I think he's going to be the best ILB on the team and I think he will beat everyone out in TC to play mike come week 1 (Hopefully next to Sio Moore!).

We'll see, tbc.....

LOL

The perfect legend of PFF. I mean their rankings are ALWAYS right. Do you actually believe he was better than Ellerbe last year? Seriously. A guy who was supposedly that good getting benched and quitting on his team was that good?

I watched the Chargers, Broncos, Ravens and Steelers games. Do you think I can't afford the 60 bucks for Rewind...it takes 20 damn minutes to rewatch a game focusing on one player. Watch it for yourself and stop relying on PFF as your only reference.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I don't think that Missed tackles are hard to track... Their rankings, sure you can have issue with that, but I'd feel pretty confident in their missed tackles statistic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL

The perfect legend of PFF. I mean their rankings are ALWAYS right. Do you actually believe he was better than Ellerbe last year? Seriously. A guy who was supposedly that good getting benched and quitting on his team was that good?

I watched the Chargers, Broncos, Ravens and Steelers games. Do you think I can't afford the 60 bucks for Rewind...it takes 20 damn minutes to rewatch a game focusing on one player. Watch it for yourself and stop relying on PFF as your only reference.
    I dont question that you can afford 60 dollars to watch rewind, but why waste your time doing so? I respect your post, but you take a stance and think you are an expert, which you are not, nor am I. I defer to Ozzie, PFF, Harbaugh & the other teams that wanted him. He should be better in the 3-4 than the 4-3 with a good defensive front and good OLB's in Dumerville and Suggs-two high character guys and elite talents. Rumor ONLY, he rejected a higher offer from Denver, who played him twice a year and Del Rio knows a little about LBers. As far as not wanting him for his offeild concerns weilding a gun, I get that..

Not at all.

Maybe I should put IMHO before every post to remind certain people that my posts are my opinions. Even in my post where I disagreed with Leach, I'm simply saying that I'm seeing something different when I watched him...he's just not been good on the field he's slow, late to the action and wasn't a good tackler...at least not in space. I'm not at all saying I'm an expert or he doesn't know his stuff...but I am also saying that anybody that goes solely off of PFF (who aren't experts either just regular guys who rewatch games and came up with their own grading system...some of which have serious holes), isn't greeting the whole picture.

I'm not the one in this thread being ridiculed because I have a different opinion...I've even had a poster say that I and anyone who disagrees with the move are saying Ozzie is stupid. People are saying there is a lot of bitching about this move which I find hilarious...this thread has maybe 3 people in it who don't like it, we are outnumbered probably 15-1. But since we haven't been converted to the other way of thinking, we are bitching?

From my very first post in this thread I've said I don't agree with this move, but since it is happening, I will pull for McClain to reach his full potential and I'm rooting for him to succeed with us. I am not going to root against him succeeding.

Ozzie isn't infallible. There isn't a single poster/fan that has agreed with every move he's made. Nobody can tell me that they have never disagreed with him at some point. And id imagine that sometimes we have been proven right with our initial opinion and sometimes not. And that's all that I've done in this case...I disagree based on on and off the field issues. I'm not on here saying Ozzie doesn't know how to do his job and he's wrecking the franchise or any other over nonsense.

I trust Ozzie as much as the next guy...again, that doesn't mean that I can't ever disagree with a move he makes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Baltimore has to have the most spoiled fanbase in the NFL.

I find it hard to believe anyone can find fault with this signing considering what the Ravens are on the hook for if things go south. I guess the old saying is true "you can't please everyone".... In this case I'll defer to the folks that wear suits with a Super Bowl ring on their finger and chuckle at the fans that think they know better...