Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ravens Cap Update

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I finally figured out why my spreadsheet was different from Brian's and now we have workout bonuses altering it again???? BTW, how do I see the updated spreadsheet...the only one I can find is the one that shows us at $118.738m in used space.
    I think that is the updated sheet from the looks of it.

And that leaves us with $4.14M in cap room, after adjusting the $123M base cap up by our 2012 carryover and down by our 2012 Incentives and Workout Bonus Adjustments.

Last i read we were around 6M under including our carryover the spreadsheet out now does not include our carry over and we will get another 2M after june 1 once pollard is off the books.

the 4.14 does not include the 1.5 or so carry over

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Last i read we were around 6M under including our carryover the spreadsheet out now does not include our carry over and we will get another 2M after june 1 once pollard is off the books.

the 4.14 does not include the 1.5 or so carry over
    It does include the carryover. But is offset by our 2012 nltbe incentives + the offseason workout bonuses.

And what you were reading was prolly referencing the nflpa #s, which as bmore said, are a bit inaccurate. They don't even include Arthur jones RFA tender. If you add him in and account for the BA release, the nflpa numbers then match with what bmore posted

Also since Pollard is counting 3.25M in dead money right now (his roster bonus isnt removed yet), we'll actually see 2.5M in xtra cap space after the June 1 deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL...my wife would probably retain her for the veteran minimum...UGH ! ... Bc
    Hey ask her if i can get that much. At least you'll never have to cut your lawn again. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap2m

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap1h
    (1/3) Upon releasing Ayanbadejo, Ravens will be $4.140M under the Salary Cap: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/
    Thanks again for doing this sir. You are the man.

What do you think the Ravens will need in cap space to sign all 12 picks, assuming they use them all?
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Thanks again for doing this sir. You are the man.

What do you think the Ravens will need in cap space to sign all 12 picks, assuming they use them all?
    I'll answer for Brian. Ravens probably won't need much.

If they do indeed draft 32nd, versus trading down, that 32nd pick will probably have a 2013 cap figure of $1.2-$1.3m. Let's just say it's $1.28 for the sake of simplicity. The 32nd pick will remove a player making $480k from the RO51 and up the salary cap total $800k. Last year, Kelechi Osemele was the 60th pick and he made $608k. We pick 62nd this year, so it's safe to say our 2nd rounder will make roughly $600k. This only ups our cap figure by $120k. Our 3rd round picks and later will have no impact on our cap at all since they make roughly what the last guy already on the roster is making.

So, by best estimates, you are looking at a $920k rookie adjustment to the cap.

I finally figured out why my spreadsheet was different from Brian's and now we have workout bonuses altering it again???? BTW, how do I see the updated spreadsheet...the only one I can find is the one that shows us at $118.738m in used space.
    Sorry about that. I had assumed the $504K was already included in the original adjustment of $799K - because the $504K is supposed to count as of the 1st day of the league year - but, obviously, the NFLPA took their time including them. So, all teams had a negative adjustment of $504K this week.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    What updates were made to your spreadsheet from the last version that had us with $7.7M under?

I know of: Dumervil, Huff, BA release. Also looks like you are temporarily assigning the Pollard Roster Bonus to our cap ($3.25M dead money vs. $2.75M). But these 4 things do not get us from $7.7M under to $4.14M under, what other event am I missing? Is it Incentives Adjustment that went up?

Great work as always, Ravor, your analysis is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Here's a breakdown of how we got there:

$7,707,586
    - $500K for the inclusion of Pollard's RB =

$7,202,586 - (as reported on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-each-nfl-team )
    - $2.5M Dumbervil
    + $480K for player removed from rule of 51 =

$5,187,586
    -1.35 Huff
    + $480K for player removed from rule of 51 =

$4,317,586
    - $504K for workout bonuses =

$3,813,586
    +940K Ayanbadejo's base salary
    - 133,334 (2014 bonus proration for BA)
    - $480K (new 51st player to replace BA) =

$4,140,252 Present Cap Space - as shown here: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

To tie that back into the $5,356,586 erroneously reported by the NFLPA (which was prior to BA's release):

$3,813,586 (from above, prior to BA's release)
    + $2,023,000 (Arthur Jones' omission)
    - $480K (Jones' replacement amongst the top 51) =

$5,356,586
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 04-05-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks. These threads are a great service to the board.
    Twenty years of Cheers.

If they do indeed draft 32nd, versus trading down, that 32nd pick will probably have a 2013 cap figure of $1.2-$1.3m. Let's just say it's $1.28 for the sake of simplicity. The 32nd pick will remove a player making $480k from the RO51 and up the salary cap total $800k. Last year, Kelechi Osemele was the 60th pick and he made $608k. We pick 62nd this year, so it's safe to say our 2nd rounder will make roughly $600k. This only ups our cap figure by $120k. Our 3rd round picks and later will have no impact on our cap at all since they make roughly what the last guy already on the roster is making.

Luke's got it. Just don't forget to include the prorated signing bonuses of all rookies even if not in the top 51... So the number jumps a couple hundred thous.

Either way, as luke said, it won't require much.

Quote Originally Posted by lance1086 View Post
    Luke's got it. Just don't forget to include the prorated signing bonuses of all rookies even if not in the top 51... So the number jumps a couple hundred thous.

Either way, as luke said, it won't require much.

That's correct. All bonus prorations count too.

I'll be doing a new projection for this year in the coming week, but here is an explanation of how the rookie Cap actually works:

http://russellstreetreport.com/an-ex...p-really-work/

Finally I understand the rookie cap.... Thanks for the breakdown, Brian.