Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bernard Pollard responds

Looks like Bernard is a little salty because John Harbaugh "didn't speak up". I'm not sure what he was expecting Harbaugh to say. Just another side to a story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...due-to-mutiny/

Blog Entries

Re: Bernard Pollard responds

It's done. I didn't agree with the Ravens cutting Pollard, and thought that Harbaugh claiming it was a cap move was BS, but what is the point of continuing to talk about it? I know Pollard was asked a question by a reporter, but he answered a similar question earlier by saying "who cares" as to why he was cut. He is on the Titans now, and should just focus on being with his new team.

One of the comments sums it up for me ....

"Pollard can’t be serious. You can’t challenge a coaches authority and expect him to want you around. There is a right and a wrong way to express unhappiness and Reed and Pollard choose the wrong way. Pollard has now played for 4 teams in 6 years….. something tells me this isn’t exclusive to Harbaugh. Kubiak and his other coaches, obviously didn’t care for him either."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    One of the comments sums it up for me ....

"Pollard can’t be serious. You can’t challenge a coaches authority and expect him to want you around. There is a right and a wrong way to express unhappiness and Reed and Pollard choose the wrong way. Pollard has now played for 4 teams in 6 years….. something tells me this isn’t exclusive to Harbaugh. Kubiak and his other coaches, obviously didn’t care for him either."
    Players like Pollard are replaceable. Especially if he can't keep his mouth shut.

I re-watched the Superbowl yesterday. I can see why they cut him. He couldn't cover to save his life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I re-watched the Superbowl yesterday. I can see why they cut him. He couldn't cover to save his life.
    Same here. And exactly what I thought. HE was worse in coverage than our 38 year old MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Same here. And exactly what I thought. HE was worse in coverage than our 38 year old MLB.
    Well, I know he was a liability in coverage, but, I do recall he had those 6 cracked ribs that were bothering him from the very first hit he delivered.
    I figured that was why he looked so bad because he was playing hurt.
    I would imagine, that if he came out, the Niners would have went right after his replacement.
    By staying on the field, maybe they didn't figure it out until the second half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    But he made some great plays in the playoffs - including that hit in New England. What's done is done, I wish him luck but he's not a Raven anymore

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    But he made some great plays in the playoffs - including that hit in New England. What's done is done, I wish him luck but he's not a Raven anymore
    He did, and I'll love him for it because it was a part of something special. Pollard always was a big thumper, but the liability in coverage probably made him expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Players like Pollard are replaceable. Especially if he can't keep his mouth shut.
    I think that's basically the nub of it: if Pollard was really a pain in the ass in the locker room, he simply wasn't a good enough player to force yourself to put up with it. I don't buy that Reed was kicked out of town over it, but in Pollard's case it would certainly be understandable, especially if the Ravens get more speed/coverage ability at safety this coming season.

Blog Entries

All of the above is true, plus the fact that Ozzie knows this is a very good draft for picking up a strong safety in the later rounds.

If Cam Cameron was one of the issues that the players spoke up about then Pollard should be put in the ring of honor. All that I know is that before the "mutiny" it looked like a lost season. A couple weeks after the "mutiny", we became unbeatable. I think Harbaugh needed a foot up his ass.