Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: GAME THREAD - BAL @ CIN. Game #1 2007

The fact that we had a chance to win that game after 7 Turnover's is incredible. We didn't deserve to win, but we were still in a position to win and that should keep us looking positively to the heart of the team. I was pacing back and forth and disgusting with several calls, but I don't feel like the season is lost. I am concerned about the extent of the injuries we incurred tonight, but I was pleased to see a bit more poise from Boller, perhaps he is the 2nd best back-up in the NFL. I really have to question some of Billick's play calls, especially in short yardage. It seemed like Willis was getting a rhythm going and then in short yardage we go for a pass in the middle, why not try to keep pounding the ball towards the goal, we were getting positive yards each time. Two more runs and he would have been in the endzone, why go for the risky pass with a QB that has just come into the game. Time for coaches and players to study some tape, rest up and bring it on Sunday!

Can we give the purple heart award to Ray!! That is an Ed Block Courage performance right there

and the trend continues, we SUCK in prime time!
    Which sucks, because that's the only time I get to watch them. Aaah I need satellite TV!

Frankly, someone needs to call the Ravens offices and tell them to remind Brian Billick that this is 2007, not 1997. We average, what, 5 yards a carry, and Billick goes pass-wacky on short yardage?

All in all, this is a game we should have lost, but pretty much kept it even 'til the end. Good thing we get the Pats and the Colts at home

4. Re: GAME THREAD - BAL @ CIN. Game #1 2007

So much to say about this one.

-Turnovers. How does a vet team that took care of the ball so well last season, give it back so easily?
    -Where's the run? McGahee and Smith ran with effectiveness. Waiting for the explanation of the Pass call on 3rd and 1. I can give you ten reasons why you run it there. A run to the outside would also be nice.
    -Injuries. No major blows last season. Count them up. Is Lewis out for an extended time? Is J.O. done? McNair? After one week lots of questions.
    -Should have stolen that one. Even with such a sloppy performance the D holds serve all second half until the momentum changer and keeps you in a game you have no business being in. I had my doubts about a W anyway but, they kept giving you chances.
    -I guess they have make up calls in football, too.

A chance to get well right away with Jets,Cards, and Browns.