Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A Trade on Draft Day Possible?

I think Newsome could move either up or down to benefit:

http://russellstreetreport.com/with-...-on-draft-day/

What says you?

Blog Entries

Re: A Trade on Draft Day Possible?

I'd rank it more than probable. I don't think Ozzie has ever stayed put on ALL his picks.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I don't think the Ravens will be drafting 12+ players on draft day. I expect Ozzie to package a number of the lower round picks to move around in the first three rounds to get the players he wants.

Blog Entries

I think there's a very small chance Ozzie makes all 12 picks. What my crystal ball sees is a trade down from #32 into the 2nd round, then trading up with pick #62 and perhaps in the 3rd round too... Bc

Blog Entries

I heard Scott Pioli about a month ago talk about his time with the Patriots. One of their goals every year was to trade a lower round pick for a higher one the following year. He was very proud of the fact that the Pats turned a 6th round pick into a 3rd in 3 years. With this many picks I look for Ozzie to do the same thing.

I think Oz is gonna move all over the board with this kinda ammo, i expect multiple moves in both directions by the end of this draft.

Blog Entries

He has so many options, it really cant be expained in a thread. My guess, is he has his 10 guys he would like to see at 32, if they guy he wants is thier he grabs him or if one he is highly after he jumps up, or if he thinks the guy he wants he will be around later in the 2nd he trades back. I bet with later picks that are slotted like 5th, 6th's or 7th's he might trade them for picks next season (get better value that way) and with new trade deadline can use them to trade for missing peices once the draft is over to fill voids or during the season to fill injuries or holes, gives him inseason options.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I heard Scott Pioli about a month ago talk about his time with the Patriots. One of their goals every year was to trade a lower round pick for a higher one the following year. He was very proud of the fact that the Pats turned a 6th round pick into a 3rd in 3 years. With this many picks I look for Ozzie to do the same thing.
    Part of the problem with the Pats was that they just kept missing on those thirds...so at the end of the day it didn't matter. They also traded out of the first like crazy and never really got the quality in the second round and extra picks. Sure they struck gold here and there, but the "golden" picks were not on defense.

I agree the Ravens most likely won't be drafting 12 players. It's going to be interesting to see how players are valued by the Ravens - we might see the team dropping for offers like the Denver trade a couple years ago...or we might make a move for a player, too.

I'm really hoping for Tavon Austin for the offense, but I think my hope is really unrealistic. No matter what happens, the Ravens draft is always fun to watch!
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's really smart actually I like that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    I think Newsome could move either up or down to benefit:

http://russellstreetreport.com/with-...-on-draft-day/

What says you?
    Says I: It would be the biggest surprise of the year if Ozzie didn't make at least one trade. I'm expecting between two and four, it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could even do more than four.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Agree with you guys, it's almost certain to happen. Every year I watch the draft and wait until that exciting moment to hear the Commis say "the Ravens have traded their pick..."

Probably happen again this year, likely more than once.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Agree with you guys, it's almost certain to happen. Every year I watch the draft and wait until that exciting moment to hear the Commis say "the Ravens have traded their pick..."

Probably happen again this year, likely more than once.
    Problem this year is that we'll have to wait 8 hours to hear that ;) ... Bc