Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT: Kevin Ware breaks his leg

That was the worst I've ever seen, and that includes Theisman, Krumrie, Lattimore - hell, any of them. I'm not trying to be glib, but if he were a horse, they would have put up a screen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Blog Entries

I didn't see "it" though I had the game on. That sucks, big time.

He has had surgery and is up and moving. I'd imagine he is loaded up on pain meds.

If interested you can see updates on a facebook page about him:
    https://www.facebook.com/prayersfork...isville?ref=bf

I haven't seen it, just heard about it and that's bad enough. I feel terrible for the kid. damn. Like somebody else posted, these young people at the college level give up most everything for their chosen sport. While others are partying, staying out all night, eating, drinking, doing whatever they want, athletes like Ware are training, conditioning, perfecting their skills to be the very best they can be so they can ultimately reach a plateau relatively few accomplish. To think all that sacrifice and effort can be jeopardized in a blink of an eye while playing the game is just unbelievably sad. I hope the doctors take good care of him. I hope he comes back next year and plays lights out.

I am intentionally avoiding looking at the video on youtube, but how did the guy get such a bad break playing basketball?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I am intentionally avoiding looking at the video on youtube, but how did the guy get such a bad break playing basketball?
    It was weird. His leg just gave out when he landed after jumping in the air. Just one of those freak injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It was weird. His leg just gave out when he landed after jumping in the air. Just one of those freak injuries.
    announcers were saying it was unprecedented. No contact, fairly routine play. What are the odds? I know it will be a long recovery for him...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Man was that brutal. The reaction on Thorton's face (the guy who Ware was trying to block) told you just how ugly it was. It was an eerie scene there for a few minutes --the building went completely quiet and the announcers fell silent too. It almost reminded me of the Super Bowl when they lost power.

Good luck to him and I hope he eventually gets back or at least close to 100 percent.

That's it? Not driving to the basket and momentum carried him into the padded support after a dunk or something? His leg didn't hit the femur of some defender setting a pick? He just took a jump shot and landed at the worst possible angle ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Good luck to him and I hope he eventually gets back or at least close to 100 percent.
    Absolutely.

Blog Entries

That's it? Not driving to the basket and momentum carried him into the padded support after a dunk or something? His leg didn't hit the femur of some defender setting a pick? He just took a jump shot and landed at the worst possible angle ever?
    He went up to attempt to block a 3 pointer that was being shot by Duke. Landed and snap.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't even say he landed at a bad angle. I don't really know how to even explain how it happened. He was trying to jump in front of a Duke player shooting a 3 pointer. Then, he just landed on his leg and it gave out.

yeah...definitely not going to watch that...poor guy
    "Once a Raven, always a Raven" - Q