Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ayanbedjo released (?)

Brendon Ayanbadejo
    15 seconds ago via mobile ·

I would like to thank the city of Baltimore and the Ravens organization for an amazing ride. We will forever be united as champions!

*My E key was sticking, can a mod please fix his name :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Cue suspicion that he was part of a mutiny in 3...2...

In all seriousness though, total class guy. Quality man on and off the field. Good luck to him moving forward, but I expect we're his last stop.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: Ayanbedjo released (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

In all seriousness though, total class guy. Quality man on and off the field. Good luck to him moving forward, but I expect we're his last stop.
    So agree. Wonderful man!

Not shocked though, he's no spring chick anymore.
    I wish him well!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

Totally agree.

A lot of fans have been dieing to run him out of town for a while, but I thought the guy had really good value for what we paid him.

I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for years of good play and good representation of the Ravens.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

nah, this is because he's a distraction due to his backing of same sex marriage...

Good luck to the guy, he still has a kid having heart surgery this month i think.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Sure sounds like it. I really don't think anyone should be surprised due to his age and contract value. Or rather, I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner. Either way, best wishes to him, he was an asset to the team during his time here.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Aaron put on Twitter that before this move we had a little over $5.3 million of cap room...I think this frees up a little under $1 million.

So we'll have about $6.3 million of cap space...with another $2.5 coming after June 1.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Ramifications of this move...

Possible indicator of comfort with the depth at ILB and/or special teams? Indication of an ILB signing? Does this mean McClain's roster spot is safe?

I don't expect this to be the final veteran release. Leach might be next.

Wow, I hope his kid pulls through it alright. I wouldn't be surprised to see him announce his retirement. Mostly because he's been a special teams ace, and now works in a league that has been devaluing special teams play. That might be a conversation for another post though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Ramifications of this move...

Possible indicator of comfort with the depth at ILB and/or special teams? Indication of an ILB signing? Does this mean McClain's roster spot is safe?

I don't expect this to be the final veteran release. Leach might be next.
    I wouldn't read all that much into this move on the D side. He was basically a ST guy, only played D sparingly. I'd say this is more a reflection of age and ST depth, as well as cap considerations.

My only question is, if this move was planned all along, why wait until this late to do it? For that reason, I can't see why they'd do Leach at this point. If you were going to do it, why not do it early on so the guy has a better chance to catch on with another team?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Why now? We usually cut guys before/at the start of free agency to give them the best chance at finding a new team, otherwise we hold onto them until final cuts in August.

Nice guy, but he offers nothing outside of special teams. I am loving the quest to get younger on 'd'!