Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Okoye

Re: Okoye

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't remember that, but I highly doubt it was a legit rugby player. I don't think there was ever a famous international class rugby star who's tried out for an NFL team. I know that Jonah Lomu was offered something from the Cowboys, but he wasn't interested. Would have been interesting to have seen him playing RB in the NFL at 260 lbs, he ran the 100 meters in 10.4 seconds which is freakish at that size. He owned England for years in his prime, I hated it, and nobody could tackle him 1 on 1, its a shame his career was short lived because of health issues.
    Ireland Ireland together standing strong, shoulder to shoulderrrrr, we'll answer Ireland's call.

Couldn't resist. Check the location and weep

I don't remember that, but I highly doubt it was a legit rugby player. I don't think there was ever a famous international class rugby star who's tried out for an NFL team. I know that Jonah Lomu was offered something from the Cowboys, but he wasn't interested. Would have been interesting to have seen him playing RB in the NFL at 260 lbs, he ran the 100 meters in 10.4 seconds which is freakish at that size. He owned England for years in his prime, I hated it, and nobody could tackle him 1 on 1, its a shame his career was short lived because of health issues.
    THis. Yeah, would love to see someone like "The Beast" from the Springboks in the defensive line, or Pierre Spies at TE, Manu Tuilagi at FB as a short distance runner, or Israel Dagg at Wing. Dagg at wing, with a screen and BLOCKERS in front of him would be SICK! Heck even without blockers...

RE Lomu: Really? It was sure fun to watch for me... :p

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Ireland Ireland together standing strong, shoulder to shoulderrrrr, we'll answer Ireland's call.
    It's the Lion's call come this June. Aussie forward pack should be a pushover. Just as much as the Eagles' run defense was. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post

Couldn't resist. Check the location and weep
    Pretty much Lomu Part 2 (Julian Savea):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzSXLKVdPw

I've drooled over the prospect of him being in the NFL - The kid is 6'4" 240 - the guy he smashed at 1:04 is Robbie Fruean - a similar player to him is 6'3" 230. Could be a TE but his strength is getting the ball early.

So he'd be Brandon Jacobs but actually effective and not scared to run AT defenders and faster (around Lomu's speed).

Many of his Rongotai College athletics records still stand – 12.92m in the under-14 shot put in 2004, 5.86m a year later in the under-15 long jump and 43.92m for discus.
    That when he was under 14 years of age; and considering many of the records are 8m (for long jump) and 70m for discus, who's to say that he doesn't improve at those at Olympic level given a little more training and not even reaching his physical peak - aren't too far off.

Too bad the All Blacks have him (or is it, good thing that they do? :D)
    Last edited by admartian; 04-08-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Too bad Al Davis is dead.
    My thoughts exactly. The draft isn't the same without the wildcard Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The draft isn't the same without the wildcard Al.
    He's not that much of a wildcard - just sort the draft prospects by 40 time and you get the Oakland Raiders' draft board. ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm half Irish btw lol

Blog Entries

admartin you bloody kiwi, I respect the hell out of the All Blacks, but you have to put your self in my shoes after all the years of NZ owning England year after year lol. We had a good win against you guys back in November, I was really disappointed we couldn't get the job done and beat the sheep shaggers (what we call the Welsh for any yanks interested!) to win the 6 nations.

One of the best matches I ever watched was back in 2003 when we were in New Zealand in a pre world cup game, and had both our flankers (Neil Back and Richard Hill) dismissed from the game, and we had a 6 man scrum vs your 8 man scrum for the 2nd half of the game. Martin Johnson told everyone to get down and just "shove", and we ended up closing the game out to win. I really think this game was the one that propelled us to go on to win that world cup in the end, we had such a good/loaded team then and it completely dwarfs our current team haha. Martin Johnson was a great captain, shame he turned out to be a terrible coach!

admartin you bloody kiwi, I respect the hell out of the All Blacks, but you have to put your self in my shoes after all the years of NZ owning England year after year lol. We had a good win against you guys back in November, I was really disappointed we couldn't get the job done and beat the sheep shaggers (what we call the Welsh for any yanks interested!) to win the 6 nations.

One of the best matches I ever watched was back in 2003 when we were in New Zealand in a pre world cup game, and had both our flankers (Neil Back and Richard Hill) dismissed from the game, and we had a 6 man scrum vs your 8 man scrum for the 2nd half of the game. Martin Johnson told everyone to get down and just "shove", and we ended up closing the game out to win. I really think this game was the one that propelled us to go on to win that world cup in the end, we had such a good/loaded team then and it completely dwarfs our current team haha. Martin Johnson was a great captain, shame he turned out to be a terrible coach!
    Martin Johnson hell of a captain. But yeah that scrum is still talked about throughout rugby forums world over.

Lol @sheep shaggers. Refreshing to see that term not aimed at us for once. Though there aren't any Aussies in sight... :-)

Re Okoye: it seems more and more that he's gaining steam with the press. Will be interesting to see how the draft plays out and where he ends up.

Leach don't even get started, Ireland got bloody tanked the last time they played nz. 60 odd nil iirc

Blog Entries

It looks like the 49ers are interested in Okoye. What round do you think he will go in? If he is still around in the 4th round, I wouldn't be opposed to the Ravens spending a comp pick on him.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 04-11-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It looks like the 49ers are interested in Okoye. What round do you think he will go in? If he is still around in the 4th round, I wouldn't be opposed to the Ravens spending a comp pick on him.

For better or worse, the Ravens don't tend to pick prospects like Okoye that "high".

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Thank god Ozzie makes our draft decisions, and not you.