Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: This is a Tavon Austin Emergency!!!

Tavon in the top-10??? WHAT? haha I think mid round guy.

Can we get a pool going to guess the time/round when Ex's heart gets broken?

Put me down for Pick #16/Rams at 9:42 EST.

The Ravens can just wait and get Maquis Goodwin in the 3rd or Ace Sanders in the 5th.
    A poor man's Tavon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    St. Louis can be slick and wait to take Austin with their second first round pick.
    Mayock is saying that the Rames wil have to take Austin with their first pick if not move up from there.

I suppose I'm a bit jaded but I can't get too excited over guys who have yet to play one down in the NFL.Too many of these college studs fall flat on their faces after they get drafted and turn into little more than a memory within a couple years.

Blog Entries

I've been seeing Austin going to the Jets and even Bills in many mock drafts. I don't believe the Ravens have any chance to draft him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The Ravens can just wait and get Maquis Goodwin in the 3rd or Ace Sanders in the 5th.
    A poor man's Tavon.
    We aren't poor. Tavon has the intangibles that Goodwin doesn't. Vision, route running and even setting up blockers as he goes along.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've been seeing Austin going to the Jets and even Bills in many mock drafts. I don't believe the Ravens have any chance to draft him
    No! Don't say that!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I suppose I'm a bit jaded but I can't get too excited over guys who have yet to play one down in the NFL.Too many of these college studs fall flat on their faces after they get drafted and turn into little more than a memory within a couple years.
    Heard yesterday that Dallas had 12 picks in '09 draft; and as of this spring all are gone. Talk about ouch!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We aren't poor. Tavon has the intangibles that Goodwin doesn't. Vision, route running and even setting up blockers as he goes along.
    We are poor, because we don't have high picks...

Let's just say to SAFELY draft Austin, we have to move to 12.

If you packaged EVERY 32nd pick in the rounds...we'd still be short on the value chart. Any deal to move up to get Austin is going to require next year's 1st or 2nd round pick.

Now, if we're talking Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson type WRs, this could be a worthwhile blow. But, are you ready to stake Tavon Austin as THAT important a player to have, that you are willing to scuttle a majority of this draft and significant pieces in next year's draft?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    A poor man's Tavon.
    Marquis Goodwin is not a poor man's Tavon. Just cause you run really fast in a straight line doesn't make you a good football player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    We are poor, because we don't have high picks...

Let's just say to SAFELY draft Austin, we have to move to 12.

If you packaged EVERY 32nd pick in the rounds...we'd still be short on the value chart. Any deal to move up to get Austin is going to require next year's 1st or 2nd round pick.

Now, if we're talking Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson type WRs, this could be a worthwhile blow. But, are you ready to stake Tavon Austin as THAT important a player to have, that you are willing to scuttle a majority of this draft and significant pieces in next year's draft?
    I didn't even think Julio Jones was worth it. We've seen similar production out of Torrey Smith, who the Ravens took in the second round and didn't have to move up to get.