Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

We need a beast WR

I am talking about the physical freaks like Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, etc.

We've never really had one. Why waste a single year of Flacco in his prime? Torrey is great but doesn't fit the "beast" description.

The only guy that looks to fit this description this year is Cordarelle Patterson.

If he is still around at like 15, I saw screw it - let's trade up to get him.

Next year it looks like the biggest WR names are Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins. I don't think either of these guys fit the "beast" description.

Again, my major point is why waste a single year of Flacco in his prime? Give him a weapon he has never had.

Blog Entries

Re: We need a beast WR

I'd rather Da'Rick Rogers. He isn't as fast as Patterson, but he is more of a finished product.

Patterson may take 2-3 years before really hitting his stride.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We need an LT before WR, imo, but yes, we need them both.

Way more than an SS or ILB or any other position.

It would probably take the Ravens first,second and third round picks to move from 32 to 15.Not sure it's such a great idea for a team with the Ravens needs to be swapping three for one when you consider the fact that beyond the first few picks there is a much greater chance of a bust.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    It would probably take the Ravens first,second and third round picks to move from 32 to 15.Not sure it's such a great idea for a team with the Ravens needs to be swapping three for one when you consider the fact that beyond the first few picks there is a much greater chance of a bust.
    Use next year's pick(s). Obviously using this year's picks to move up in rd. 1 is not too feasible since they are such low picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    We need an LT before WR, imo, but yes, we need them both.
    We have Torrey and Pitta as our only real receiving threats. Jacoby has bad hands and none of the other guys have shown much and were 4th round or later picks.

A young, explosive, physical WR that can start and impact ASAP would give our OFF a huge boost.

I know Patterson is perceived as raw and perhaps lacking in playbook knowledge, but he is a threat to score whenever he gets the ball.

Blog Entries

No way. If Oz goes all in and moves halfway up the draft board, its gotta be Tavon Austin!!! With Torrey and Jacoby stretching the field, imagine all the space in the middle for Tavon to do what he does. Even as a slot receiver, Austin is the best WR in this class. Flacco would be unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Use next year's pick(s). Obviously using this year's picks to move up in rd. 1 is not too feasible since they are such low picks.
    So you're expecting next year's pick will be significantly higher?

Doesn't matter, Ozzie won't do it. Simply WILL NOT trade a future 1st away.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well it can't be any lower.

I know. I am just jealous of the WRs some of these other QBs are blessed with.

Dez. Julio. Demaryius. etc.

Blog Entries

I don't know. With Cameron gone, I could see Torrey being a beast. He's super fast, has gotten much better at catching, and can jump super high. His attitude and drive is top notch. He won't be Calvin Johnson, but he can be great.

Are you suggesting that it can be dangerous dealing away future number one picks for unproven players?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I don't know. With Cameron gone, I could see Torrey being a beast. He's super fast, has gotten much better at catching, and can jump super high. His attitude and drive is top notch. He won't be Calvin Johnson, but he can be great.
    Plus he is a contortionist in the air when going for the ball.

But his speed opens up the middle of the field and we do need somebody to take advantage of that from the slot. Maybe Pitta, Dickson, or Doss can fill that void. But man...a guy like Austin. If he falls to the 20's (which he won't), Oz should jump.