Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Irsay Still Sucks!

Even his mother hated that bastard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    What? Bad analogy.

I wasn't married to the guy. I wasn't even fuckin the guy. I just wish i'd had the chance to fuck the guy up lol!
    Best post ever!!!

ILMAO

But damn, I completely forgot. Still giddy and thinking about our SB 47 win.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am starting to think that holding on the hate is an old man's thing.

.... ducking .....

I mean, seriously, 29th is not exactly a landmark anniversary year. 30th I can understand, but 29th?!?!

And am I the only one that sees the years of pain as a good thing? We have the Ravens now. I bleed purple. I love my team and the town they represent.

Imagine this. Would your new spouse really appreciated you opining year after year about your ex? Every year at this time she'd have to hear how great the glory days were all the while you're wearing the shirt they bought for you.

We swam through the a river of shit and found pure gold on the other end. Ok, I get the never forget stuff, but why keep it alive?!?

Irsay was an abusive spouse. Let it go, Man. You'll be happier for it! ;)
    Something seems...off...about that analogy. I mean, the Ravens don't exactly distance themselves from the Colts love, right down to the Unitas statue fercryinoutloud. Maybe it's more like getting remarried after your first spouse dies?

You know what? I know the move was painful, but in the end, I'm glad we had Art and now Bisciotti instead of those assholes in Indianapolis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    GET OVER IT PEOPLE!! Hate and anger will only destroy the person who allows it to permeate their lives! I was an avid Baltimore Colt fan, but I now have the Ravens and I am over the move completely. Bringing this up year after year is a slap in the Ravens face! Stop the whining

:grbac:
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-28-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, maybe it's time to forgive the Germans for bombing Pearl Harbor too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

AS HIS OWN MOTHER CALLED HIM THE DEVIL ON EARTH: REST IN PEE IRSAY

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...y-his-respects
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-28-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Odd... just today I found out Netflix has the 30 for 30 series so I watched the band that never died. Made me hate the colts and the irsays so much more. Ironic that this'd be on here

Blog Entries

Thanks, man. I have netflix and will check it out. When I was in Nest 1 all the fan clubs got emails from Levinson's agent. Barry wanted to meet with some old Colts fans to recall their memories of the old Colts. He wanted to use them for a new film project. I thank that was it but we never heard from the agent again. Did anyone out there ever meet with him?

Irsay's mom never forgot or forgave. From SI article.

Irsay's mother, Elaine, is 84 years old and in failing health. Reached by phone at her home in Rolling Meadows, Ill., Mrs. Irsay, who still has a rich Hungarian accent, said, "He's a devil on earth, that one." Every few seconds she paused for breath, her voice rising at the start of each thought, then quickly tiring. "He stole all our money and said goodbye. He don't care for me. I don't even see him for 35 years. My husband, Charles, sent him to college. I made his wedding. Five thousand dollars, it cost us. When my husband got sick and got the heart attack, he [Bob] took advantage. He was no good," she said. "He was a bad boy. I don't want to talk about him."

Rest of story here. It's long but worth reading.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau.../MAG1065650/2/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-29-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I posted a thread after the SB win asking if winning a 2nd SB allows us to kind've "move on" from the Colts loss, and the general response was still, no.
    The tricky thing for us old Colts fans is that, well we were fans of the Colts. So in a very real way we can't move on any more than you will move on from, say the 2000 Ravens. (And I dont move on from the 2000 Ravens either.) It's not that we look at the Colts as some ideal; it's just our history. Some of my earliest memories are of my mom yelling at the TV set for Unitas to watch out for Willie Davis moving in on him. To me when I think of the major rivals of our team the Ravens I always think of the old rivalry we had with the despised Green Bay Packers. NO FUCKING WAY WAS THAT FIELD GOAL KICK IN 65 GOOD. As Ogden Nash wrote:

Is there a Baltimore fan alive
    who's forgotten Tom Matte in '65?
    The Colts by crippling injuries vexed,
    Unitas first and Cuozzo next--
    What would become of the pass attack?
    Then Matte stepped in at quarterback.
    He beat the Rams in a great display,
    He did - and he damn near beat Green Bay.
    Ask him today to plunge or block,
    Tom's the man who can roll or rock.
    In Tokyo, they say karate
    In Baltimore, they call it Matte

Note that Nash said "Baltimore fan". To me the old Colts are just the earlier Ravens. And Matte in 65 is the stuff of legend.

One more:

The lucky city of Baltimore
    Is famed for its medicos galore
    It's simply teeming with fine physicians
    With surgeons, oculists, and obstetricians
    All dedicated men in white,
    All at your service day or night.
    Except-here's the fly in the ointment-
    When with the Colts they have an appointment.
    And the vast memorial Stadium rocks
    With the cheers of fifty thousand docs
    They've caught the disease fate holds in store,
    For the population of Baltimore-
    A disease more virulent than rabies,
    Felling men and women and even babies.
    The cynic becomes a true believer,
    When caught in the grip of that old Colt fever.

Those lines about the Colts describe the Ravens too.
    Forget the Colts? That would be like forgetting the Ravens. Ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Even his mother hated that bastard.
    IIRC, she called him the devil on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    The tricky thing for us old Colts fans is that, well we were fans of the Colts. So in a very real way we can't move on any more than you will move on from, say the 2000 Ravens. (And I dont move on from the 2000 Ravens either.) It's not that we look at the Colts as some ideal; it's just our history. Some of my earliest memories are of my mom yelling at the TV set for Unitas to watch out for Willie Davis moving in on him. To me when I think of the major rivals of our team the Ravens I always think of the old rivalry we had with the despised Green Bay Packers. NO FUCKING WAY WAS THAT FIELD GOAL KICK IN 65 GOOD. As Ogden Nash wrote:

Is there a Baltimore fan alive
    who's forgotten Tom Matte in '65?
    The Colts by crippling injuries vexed,
    Unitas first and Cuozzo next--
    What would become of the pass attack?
    Then Matte stepped in at quarterback.
    He beat the Rams in a great display,
    He did - and he damn near beat Green Bay.
    Ask him today to plunge or block,
    Tom's the man who can roll or rock.
    In Tokyo, they say karate
    In Baltimore, they call it Matte

Note that Nash said "Baltimore fan". To me the old Colts are just the earlier Ravens. And Matte in 65 is the stuff of legend.

One more:

The lucky city of Baltimore
    Is famed for its medicos galore
    It's simply teeming with fine physicians
    With surgeons, oculists, and obstetricians
    All dedicated men in white,
    All at your service day or night.
    Except-here's the fly in the ointment-
    When with the Colts they have an appointment.
    And the vast memorial Stadium rocks
    With the cheers of fifty thousand docs
    They've caught the disease fate holds in store,
    For the population of Baltimore-
    A disease more virulent than rabies,
    Felling men and women and even babies.
    The cynic becomes a true believer,
    When caught in the grip of that old Colt fever.

Those lines about the Colts describe the Ravens too.
    Forget the Colts? That would be like forgetting the Ravens. Ain't gonna happen.

Good Stuff. The 1965 "loss" to the Packers was probably the first heart braking loss for a very young sports fan. The Chandler kick which forced OT was not good. Matte and the Colts were denied a great story. That loss was as gut wrenching as the Pats game last year.

Blog Entries

Steadman has a pic of that phony FG in his book FROM COLTS TO RAVENS and he shows the ball 5 feet wide with the Ref underneath with his arms raised. He was gonna publish the pic in the News American but Pete Rozelle asked him not too so he didn't.

Even Chandler the kicker knew he missed it by kicking the dirt but looked up when he heard everyone yelling and screaming and said WTF??? He knew things weren't on the up and up.

Shula always believed the NFL didn't want Colts going to their World Championship game with a backup RB as their premier QB. So when they played Dallas in the runner up bowl which they had at the time he let Matte open it up and he beat Dallas by 30 points.

The NFL and the media crucified Shula for running up the score but he didn't give a damn. He had a point to prove.

The Colts mainly ran a lot with Matte at the helm but after that first game he called Woody Hayes at Ohio State to ask if Matte could win as QB in the pros. Woody said he's the most politest kid I ever had Don. Shula said cut the shit Woody, can he play QB in the pros. I'm preparing for the packers and Woody said yea.

Matte said the only time he was ever afraid of playing football was when he became the QB. ILMAO
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-29-2013 at 01:58 AM.