Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Irsay Still Sucks!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...8.photogallery

Just look at that dick fer cryin' out loud!

29 years ago tomorrow the Mayflower Vans rolled out of Owings Mills and the Baltimore Colts were gone. I still wince from the pain every once in awhile. I still wanna smash Buffoon Bob just once in his pimply face. I still want the name, the colors, and OUR history retired. I loved that team.

Next year will make 3 decades since the move - the same amount of time that the Baltimore Colts played here believe it or not. To me that franchise no longer exists, except in our hearts.

Long Live the Baltimore Ravens! All others can kiss my ass.
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 03-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I am starting to think that holding on the hate is an old man's thing.

.... ducking .....

I mean, seriously, 29th is not exactly a landmark anniversary year. 30th I can understand, but 29th?!?!

And am I the only one that sees the years of pain as a good thing? We have the Ravens now. I bleed purple. I love my team and the town they represent.

Imagine this. Would your new spouse really appreciated you opining year after year about your ex? Every year at this time she'd have to hear how great the glory days were all the while you're wearing the shirt they bought for you.

We swam through the a river of shit and found pure gold on the other end. Ok, I get the never forget stuff, but why keep it alive?!?

Irsay was an abusive spouse. Let it go, Man. You'll be happier for it! ;)

Re: Irsay Still Sucks!

Well said Dan!! I remember that day like it was yesterday. My father was terminal with cancer at the time, and sports especially the Baltimore Colts were something we shared every day. He never missed a Baltimore Colt home game and I joined at every game for the last 16 years. I saw the reports that night and called him and his one comment still rings in my ears. I have seen my last football game.
    Now 30 years later we have the Ravens and things worked out very well for us. I am well over the Colts and the Ravens have become for my sons and I what the Colts were.
    For the younger Raven fans, we really have it great with an owner like Steve Biscotti. He may be the best owner in the NFL. We are in the penthouse now and that is better than the outhouse Irsay represented.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

.... ducking .....

I mean, seriously, 29th is not exactly a landmark anniversary year. 30th I can understand, but 29th?!?!

And am I the only one that sees the years of pain as a good thing? We have the Ravens now. I bleed purple. I love my team and the town they represent.

Imagine this. Would your new spouse really appreciated you opining year after year about your ex? Every year at this time she'd have to hear how great the glory days were all the while you're wearing the shirt they bought for you.

We swam through the a river of shit and found pure gold on the other end. Ok, I get the never forget stuff, but why keep it alive?!?

I pretty much agree but the anniversary of the move brings back the memories. I used to live and die Colt Blue, now I am a die hard Raven fan.

Irsay was an abusive spouse. Let it go.
    What? Bad analogy.

I wasn't married to the guy. I wasn't even fuckin the guy. I just wish i'd had the chance to fuck the guy up lol!
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Old man Irsay yes, Jimmy, spoiled son who did not earn anything to get the team, except inheritance. Almost got talked about if Peyton had won the SB. Still remains to be seen what jim's impact will be. Being the team with most losse gave him Luck, not sure if that is something to brag about. I'm over it, born in Baltimore in 1956, watch the colts and enjoyed every minute of it. When they left, never bothered with the other colts at all.

.... ducking .....

Every April 20th I let my girl know that three years ago that day I gave up smoking pot for her. On 4/20. She'd rather I never brought it up again, so I see your point :P

Irsay ripped my heart out, but you know what? We now have the best owner in sports. I went from crushed, to almost having pity for that team. Shitty fans, shitty city (and Bmore ain't great), and a 2nd generation drunk owner.

9. Re: Irsay Still Sucks!

GET OVER IT PEOPLE!! Hate and anger will only destroy the person who allows it to permeate their lives! I was an avid Baltimore Colt fan, but I now have the Ravens and I am over the move completely. Bringing this up year after year is a slap in the Ravens face! Stop the whining

The Colts left town on my 16th birthday. I remember it like it was yesterday.

yes, I'm 45 today. Happy Birthday to me.

Blog Entries

I posted a thread after the SB win asking if winning a 2nd SB allows us to kind've "move on" from the Colts loss, and the general response was still, no.

I know I'm younger than many of the posters, so that might affect it, but to me....while the loss is still a pretty crappy spot in history...We have the Ravens now, we have a HoF GM, a CLASS owner, a class of future HoF Ravens players in the wings, 2 SB trophies that NO ONE can deny our current franchise...

Personally, I think it's time to just consider the Indy Colts just another team to the Ravens. I reserve the right to remain pissed at how the NFL treated us, but the big figure from that shitstorm is long past deceased, and I don't begrudge the city of Indianapolis one iota for the move.

I know many still hold a grudge against Jim Irsay for trying to make money off giving us the records back...that's really the only piece remaining.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    GET OVER IT PEOPLE!! Hate and anger will only destroy the person who allows it to permeate their lives! I was an avid Baltimore Colt fan, but I now have the Ravens and I am over the move completely. Bringing this up year after year is a slap in the Ravens face! Stop the whining
    Oh relax buddy. It's not a slap in the Ravens face it's just remembering a piece of Baltimore football history. As Houston said, the Baltimore Colts leaving opened up the way for the Ravens and we're much better off. I was just kidding him about the other stuff. ;)

If you look at the pics in the link, #5 shows the Mayflower truck leaving OM in a snowstorm. There's a lone Fan standing there watching. That's a good buddy of mine in my Roost, Sports Steve. He got a tip something was going on and he stayed out there all night. The man hasn't missed a pro football game in Baltimore since 1956. The Ravens Roost he was in back then stayed together supporting the effort to return football to Baltimore during the 12 years before the Ravens came to town. Now there ain't no hate permeating anybody's lives, but these were real events that affected real people. Nothing wrong with remembering our old Baltimore Colts and nothing wrong with remembering the resiliency that Baltimore Fans showed when the chips were down.
    Twenty years of Cheers.