Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: NBC Sports Pre-Draft NFL Lineup Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Remains to be seen, but Boldin sure looked good when he had an offensive coordinator who knew how to use him.
    I agree that it remains to be seen. Not only are we losing the dominance he displayed in Caldwell's scheme, but we are also losing a veteran presence and leader from out of that receiving corp. Its nice the we have the youth and the speed at WR but we lost a mentor. And Flacco loses a guy with experience and grit. Going back to Mason and Heap, Flacco has always had a dependable vet to throw to. Its going to put a lot more pressure on him and he is going to have to carry the young guns. I'm not saying he isn't up to the challenge, but its going to be a new situation for him. We will see.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 04-02-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I agree that it remains to be seen. Not only are we losing the dominance he displayed in Caldwell's scheme, but we are also losing a veteran presence and leader from out of that receiving corp. Its nice the we have the youth and the speed at WR but we lost a mentor. And Flacco loses a guy with experience and grit. Going back to Mason and Heap, Flacco has always had a dependable vet to throw to. Its going to put a lot more pressure on him and he is going to have to carry the young guns. I'm not saying he isn't up to the challenge, but its going to be a new situation for him. We will see.
    I think Pitta will do well in the "dependable veteran role."
    And to replace Boldin we have:
    Jacoby
    Doss
    Laquan W
    Streeter
    D Thompson
    D Reed
    Pitta (IF Dickson or a draftee steps up at TE)

Maybe just wishful thinking, but I think it's reasonable to assume that one or more of the above will be more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    IMO, this is one the most logical breakdowns I've seen from a 3rd party source in a long time. This is what journalism should look like....analysis-based versus shock-based.
    Crazy right. I had to do a double take. Great to read something like that.

I have to agree with most of the posters. Succint and spot on. Strange considering the source is "rotoworld". I'm more hopeful now than I was a few weeks ago.

I would feel much better going into the draft if the Ravens could get McKinnie resigned since LT is a position that won't get filled in 2013 by any of this years picks.It would also probably be in their best interest if the could sign a vet ILB like Dansby because whomever they draft may need some time to get NFL ready before they can step in and start.If their cap space was $7.2M before signing Dumervil who has cap number of $2.5M,Huff at $1.35M then they should still have around $3.7M in cap space.The $2M they get back after June 1st for Pollard should be plenty to cover their draft picks.