Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If China is going to attack anyone, it will be NK.

Attacking us would be financial suicide for China. We are so intertwined with them (and them with us) it would send them right into ruin.

NK may end up doing something stupid like launch their one missile or attack SK. If they do, they will be a glass parking lot by weeks end.

Re: N.Korea says there will be war

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I read somewhere that most of the American deaths occurred before the Chinese entered the war and during the initial N. Korean invasion which caught Americans by surprise- doesn't it always?

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-507_162-202741.html
    I don't know for sure Trap, but that doesn't feel right to me because we really didn't have many troops on the ground at first and as they were funnelled in, they largely went into semi-static defensive positions based on the Naktong River (and known as the Pusan Perimeter). The Marines and a 7th ID Task Force around the Chosin (aka Changjin) reservoir and 1st Cav in NW Korea were really slammed by the surprise (which should not have been a surprise) entry of China. Since there were almost three more years of war after that (including at least one more counter-offensive), I'd still have to guess the bulk of our casualties occured from that point on.

As to your question on another post, I just don't believe carrying the war into China would have had a good result unless nukes were used, and I'm kind of glad they were not despite the fact that NK remains an issue 60 years later. Conventionally, as Solo said, the Chinese Army was far different in 1950 then now, but my God, the pool of soldiers was never ending, and the country is vast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    China's military in 1950 is very different than their military today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    In what way?

I know they still have a lot of dated weaponry. Isn't their only aircraft carrier a refurbished Soviet one?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In what way?

I know they still have a lot of dated weaponry. Isn't their only aircraft carrier a refurbished Soviet one?
    Sheer numbers.

Their belief is they can win any war via "human waves". Send in so many men, you simply cannot kill them all.

They can protect their borders but that's really it. Even today, they'd have an impossible time ever invading us. Nor do I think they want to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sheer numbers.

Their belief is they can win any war via "human waves". Send in so many men, you simply cannot kill them all.

They can protect their borders but that's really it. Even today, they'd have an impossible time ever invading us. Nor do I think they want to.
    Yeah our... layout of the land would make it very difficult for this country to be invaded.

That and

Blog Entries

Attacking us would be financial suicide for China. We are so intertwined with them (and them with us) it would send them right into ruin.

NK may end up doing something stupid like launch their one missile or attack SK. If they do, they will be a glass parking lot by weeks end.
    UM, it's the other way around. We'd be in financial ruin.

China owns us. They own trillions of our debt as Clinton was always going over there begging them to buy our notes. Their economy is expected to pass ours some day, maybe sooner. The only thing saving us is the dollar is still the dominant currency in the world. Everyone wants the US dollar not the yen - not yet.

How in the hell can we fight China when they own us? All they have to do is pull their money out of our economy and they've already decreased buying our debt.

China is also more different in technology, not just numbers thanks to Slick Willie, another Clinton who gave them a lot of American technology after they helped finance his election. They even have space technology that can shoot our space ships down. Like I mentioned, they have 6,000 nukes pointed at Tawain alone and thousands more pointed at us.

They had none in 1950. They've also updated their Navy recently adding nuclear air craft carriers. They not as big as ours but fast and quite a menance to Tawain and Japan.

We have the edge in subs with about 20 Tridents around the world and probably a few in the China Sea. One sub can wipe out the entire Chinese population with 24 nuclear missiles and all containing multiple war heads.

We also have the most carriers in the world and there's always our SAC bomber force, second to none.

Yet, China can do a lot of damage if their nukes hit the US.

Blog Entries

And don't forget this frightening thought. While China is updating their nuke force, our great leader is reducing ours.

The Obama administration is committed to the elimination of nuclear weapons and has reportedly been conducting internal studies envisioning massive cuts in the U.S. nuclear arsenal. A number of policy makers with whom I've spoken in recent weeks tell me that if Obama is re-elected, he will seek to slash unilaterally the size of the U.S. nuclear stockpile. Such a move could grant China nuclear parity with the United States, or at least put it in reach. Such a move would give China greater nuclear leverage not through an expensive buildup on their side, but through disarmament on ours.

http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/post...uclear_balance

http://www.wnd.com/2011/01/252165/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries

It's true.

The clincher here is that China already has a bow out from their military backing of NK. If someone attacks NK, China will essentially be obligated to help. However, if NK does something...even provocative...China could interpret that as NK starting a war.

Japan, South Korea, and the US are all not happy with NK.

China may go against just one of those...but not all three.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

UM, it's the other way around. We'd be in financial ruin.

China owns us. They own trillions of our debt as Clinton was always going over there begging them to buy our notes. Their economy is expected to pass ours some day, maybe sooner. The only thing saving us is the dollar is still the dominant currency in the world. Everyone wants the US dollar not the yen - not yet.

How in the hell can we fight China when they own us? All they have to do is pull their money out of our economy and they've already decreased buying our debt.

China is also more different in technology, not just numbers thanks to Slick Willie, another Clinton who gave them a lot of American technology after they helped finance his election. They even have space technology that can shoot our space ships down. Like I mentioned, they have 6,000 nukes pointed at Tawain alone and thousands more pointed at us.

They had none in 1950. They've also updated their Navy recently adding nuclear air craft carriers. They not as big as ours but fast and quite a menance to Tawain and Japan.

We have the edge in subs with about 20 Tridents around the world and probably a few in the China Sea. One sub can wipe out the entire Chinese population with 24 nuclear missiles and all containing multiple war heads.

We also have the most carriers in the world and there's always our SAC bomber force, second to none.

Yet, China can do a lot of damage if their nukes hit the US.
    Culturally, China is very passive.

Thus why they're so damn good with cyber espionage. They figured out a decade ago that the easiest way to beat the US was to steal all of our intellectual property. Plain and simple: They'd rather attack us from behind a computer than from behind a gun.

Some light reading for all of you that I highly recommend:
    http://intelreport.mandiant.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's true.

The clincher here is that China already has a bow out from their military backing of NK. If someone attacks NK, China will essentially be obligated to help. However, if NK does something...even provocative...China could interpret that as NK starting a war.

Japan, South Korea, and the US are all not happy with NK.

China may go against just one of those...but not all three.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries

China went against all three of them in 1950 while saving N. Korea. We still have the nuclear deterrent - for now. If NK hits one of the three the US will hit them and China will come in vs us
    and our allies like before.

Is China over-taking US in space? Well, not yet but they are very patient. China can thank Slick Willie for this.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/20/opinio...se-china-space

Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries

China went against all three of them in 1950 while saving N. Korea. We still have the nuclear deterrent - for now. If NK hits one of the three the US will hit them and China will come in vs us
    and our allies like before.

Is China over-taking US in space? Well, not yet but they are very patient. China can thank Slick Willie for this.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/20/opinio...se-china-space

If NK provokes anyone or initiates anything, China will wipe their hands clean of Kim Jong Un and see what happens when it is all said and done. They may give them money or food, but that will be about it. They're not interested in a war right now and frankly they don't need it to win anything. They've got it made in the shade by stealing intellectual property.