Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Quick Late-March 7 Round Ravens Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    A plan that involves McKinnie at LT this year, maybe next year, and then Gaines at LT whenever he's ready, with Castillo to mentor him...might not be the worst plan...
    I'd prefer to see something like this.

If we're going OL later in the draft, I'd keep an eye on Chris Faulk and Rogers Gaines....
    I think Chris Faulk has the potential to be a pretty good LT, but he has to be in shape. He could fly under the radar due to his ACL tear. Also, if the Ravens are looking at mid-round linemen, David Bakhtiari is like a poor man's Barrett Jones.

Blog Entries

What do people think of Oday Aboushi? I've seen him called a "sure-fire starter" at LT someday, and he's definitely going to be a Round 3 pick or later. Arms are a LITTLE short for the 35 or more rule, but perhaps could make up for that in other areas.

I think outside of a top guy falling to us, my top pick for LT in the draft is Terron Armstead. If we can't get him, then maybe Aboushi in the 3rd or Gaines in the late rounds.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

PROJECTED 2013 POST-DRAFT DEPTH CHART (* indicates roster bubble)

QB (3)- Flacco, Taylor, Sorensen*
    RB (4)-RB-Rice, Pierce, Allen, FB-Juszczyk
    TE (3)- Pitta, Dickson, Fauria
    WR (6)- Smith, Rogers, Doss, Jacoby, Reed, Streeter*
    OL (8)- LT-Osemele, LG-Bailey, C-Gradkowski, RG-Yanda, RT-Oher, Harewood, Reid, Freeman*
    ST (3)- Cox, Koch, Tucker
    DL (7)- DE-McPhee, NT-Ngata, DT/DE-Canty, (Art Jones, Cody, Spears, Tyson*)
    LB (8)- RUSH-Dumervil, SAM-Suggs, MIKE-Bynes/McClellan, WILL-Greene/McClain, Upshaw, Martin
    CB (5)- Webb, Smith, Graham, Brown, Jackson
    S (5)- Elam, Ihedigbo, Thompson, Jefferson, Brown

PS – Rainey, L. Williams/Thompson, Cornell, A. McClain, Hall, Hamilton/McAdoo, ???

I’m 1 player short. The Ravens carried 9 OL most of last year, so I tend to think the 53rd player will be either Jack Cornell or Antoine McClain, but I’m hedging my bets. The last 2-3 spots on the PS would likely be UDFAs that impress in camp.

I don't know if the Ravens will carry 3 QBs, but I could see Tyrod becoming trade bait if Sorensen looks ready to hold the clipboard coming out of training camp. I think a team could part with a 2014 5th rounder if he impresses in camp and some team thinks he can be a solid mobile/read-option backup for a team like Seattle. Dickson could also become trade bait if Fauria improves his blocking quickly or they want to use Juszczyk at HB/TE at times. Some might disagree with me dropping Laquan and Thompson down to PS, but neither offers the special teams ability that David Reed does or the upside that Streeter does. Same goes for Hamilton/McAdoo vs. Martin--Martin should offer a good bit more ST value.

It may be a bit presumptuous to project all 10 rookies to make the 53 man roster, but in this scenario we’ve lost 10 starters (Reed, Pollard, Lewis, Kruger, Williams, Ellerbe, Birk, McKinnie, Boldin, Leach) and 3 depth guys (Considine, Bajema, Kemo), signing only 3 (Dumervil, Canty, Spears). This is a deep draft, and I think all of my projected draftees can fit onto the roster in year 1, with only Sorensen really being any kind of long shot to make the roster.

What do people think of Oday Aboushi? I've seen him called a "sure-fire starter" at LT someday, and he's definitely going to be a Round 3 pick or later. Arms are a LITTLE short for the 35 or more rule, but perhaps could make up for that in other areas.

I think outside of a top guy falling to us, my top pick for LT in the draft is Terron Armstead. If we can't get him, then maybe Aboushi in the 3rd or Gaines in the late rounds.
    I liked Aboushi coming in but i admittedly didnt watch him that much, at the Senior Bowl i thought he looked bad