Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: SCOTUS to Hear Prop 8 & DOMA Cases

No, the Dolts are in Indy.

call me insensitive, btu I agree with one of the earlyposters in this thread.
    As in the red as we are as a country, can't they possibly have soemthing more important to work on as a government?

I tink this is simply more diversion, sleight of hand tactics. Pushing these social agenda's keeps people's eyes off the more important issues of spending and funding for that spending. While we get mired in discussion over marriage equality and the like, they continue to spend our grandchildrens money daily with no sollution in sight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    As in the red as we are as a country, can't they possibly have soemthing more important to work on as a government?

I tink this is simply more diversion, sleight of hand tactics. Pushing these social agenda's keeps people's eyes off the more important issues of spending and funding for that spending. While we get mired in discussion over marriage equality and the like, they continue to spend our grandchildrens money daily with no sollution in sight.
    :word

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

:word

If I saw as many post about the NDAA or the Affordable care act as I have those red equal sign on facebook, those bills would have never passed... well maybe...

The variety of federal tax benefits for married couples makes marriage a federal issue. Then again, I am for simplifying federal taxes and believe that the term "marriage" shouldn't be recognized by the government at all (call it civil partnership or civil union)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuegoman View Post
    The variety of federal tax benefits for married couples makes marriage a federal issue. Then again, I am for simplifying federal taxes and believe that the term "marriage" shouldn't be recognized by the government at all (call it civil partnership or civil union)
    Ha! What tax benefits? I got more tax breaks as a single man than after getting married.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Spousal exemptions from both estate taxes and gift taxes

Quote Originally Posted by fuegoman View Post
    Same thing I've been saying all along.

Hell, half of my gay friends are anti-gay "marriage" because of the religious aspect. And the overwhelming majority of my students, even those who are anti-gay marriage, support civil unions.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock