Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Minter, Manti or Ogletree at 32?

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    We'll be double dipping for sure at ILB. I've been on the Reddick train all year in the 4th (may have to move up, but we can give up a 6th to do so) and I think I would like Te'o. He is a liability in coverage, but you can't match his instincts and run stopping
    I see no problem with Teo in the first. Whoever doesn't think he is a first round pick, needs to go back a few months prior to the girlfriend thing. He was a top 5 pick. he had one of the best seasons of any Linebacker ever to play the game. I think he has good instincts. If he falls, i think he will be a steal. He isnt' the most athletic LB in the league, but to be honest with you, if Ngata, and co could make a 35 year old Ray Lewis look like a probowler, i think they can make a slower Teo look good, especially with the new additions on the team.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Minter, Manti or Ogletree at 32?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I see no problem with Teo in the first. Whoever doesn't think he is a first round pick, needs to go back a few months prior to the girlfriend thing. He was a top 5 pick. he had one of the best seasons of any Linebacker ever to play the game. I think he has good instincts. If he falls, i think he will be a steal. He isnt' the most athletic LB in the league, but to be honest with you, if Ngata, and co could make a 35 year old Ray Lewis look like a probowler, i think they can make a slower Teo look good, especially with the new additions on the team.
    There are some qualities that are hard to define in players, if they were easier then Ed and Ray would have gone at worst top 5 of their drafts respectively.

Te'o does seem to have very good instincts IMO. While his measurables are nothing to get excited about Ed and Ray did not exactly light the combine on fire. Instincts are hard to teach and can help to cover up flaws. You don't have to be as fast if your headed to the right place right from the get go. Lot of people were down on Burfict last year. He seemed to do ok all things considered. Te'o and the whole girlfriend thing may or may not be a character issue in some people mind but at least the kid is not robbing dorm rooms or driving around drunk.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Could anyone else see us taking 2 ILB's in this draft? I could definitely see us taking a guy early,(Brown preferably), then taking a guy like Kiko Alonzo, or Reddick in a later round.
    I also like Klein from Iowa State in the later rounds
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post

:word

Just not real excited by Minter.

Greene is my favorite LB in this draft.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    If he's around in the fifth round, that would be a very good pick IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'd like to hear what gota has to say on minter, personally I'd hate the pick. I have him well down on my own rankings.
    I'm with you. As I've posted before I don't think Minter is as good as the inside linebackers who went in the 2nd round last year. I'm not a big fan of anyone at the position in round 1.

Blog Entries

Tbf, both Bobby Wagner, and Lavonte David should have easily been first round picks last year looking back now. 2nd round ILBs seems to always make pro bowls lately.

I love this thread. I dont know about the rest of you, but if there was a favourite position of mine to watch, it would be ILB. I like to keep tabs on the best ILBs across the NFL, especially the young talented players like Kuechly and Wagner. Its just my favourite position, I could watch tape LBs all day and not get bored.

Back to the topic, my pick would have to be Arthur Brown. Hes got athleticism, good closing speed, avoids blocks due as he is quick and agile with a smaller frame, and a sure tackler with good form. The way he avoids blocks and chop blocks is just amazing, kind of like Lavonte David. He can cover RBs out the backfield as well as TEs. Someone posted in the forum here regarding the evolution of today's game and how it predicates upon the passing game, Arthur Brown is perfect for the direction in which Ozzie envisions.

Draw back is his size and frame. 6'1 230ish lbs. My concern would be whether he would fit in ILB at 3-4. To me, he is perfect for a Will OLB in a 4-3 much like Lavonte David, an undersized LB with speed and quickness. A great player like Derrick Brooks comes to mind.
    Last edited by Aussie_Raven; 03-25-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    I love this thread. I dont know about the rest of you, but if there was a favourite position of mine to watch, it would be ILB. I like to keep tabs on the best ILBs across the NFL, especially the young talented players like Kuechly and Wagner. Its just my favourite position, I could watch tape LBs all day and not get bored.

Back to the topic, my pick would have to be Arthur Brown. Hes got athleticism, good closing speed, avoids blocks due as he is quick and agile with a smaller frame, and a sure tackler with good form. The way he avoids blocks and chop blocks is just amazing, kind of like Lavonte David. He can cover RBs out the backfield as well as TEs. Someone posted in the forum here regarding the evolution of today's game and how it predicates upon the passing game, Arthur Brown is perfect for the direction in which Ozzie envisions.

Draw back is his size and frame. 6'1 230ish lbs. My concern would be whether he would fit in ILB at 3-4. To me, he is perfect for a Will OLB in a 4-3 much like Lavonte David, an undersized LB with speed and quickness. A great player like Derrick Brooks comes to mind.
    Brown has put on a solid 10-15 pounds.

He weighed in at his pro day at 6' - 6'1" and about 246lbs I believe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

My favorite players per pick, not necessarily in the order given (impossible to tell when some of these will go, so I'll just ballpark it):

1/32 - Nuk Hopkins, Manti Te'o, Kevin Minter, Sam Montgomery, Matt Elam, Devontre Moore, Arthur Brown, Jonathan Cyprien, Zach Ertz
    2/62 - David Amerson, Kyle Long, Eric Reid, Menelik Watson, Dallas Thomas, Robert Woods
    3/94 - Kevin Reddick, Ryan Swope, Stedman Bailey, Baccari Rambo, Kiki Alonso, Barret Jones
    4/32, 33 - John Bostic, Xavier Nixon, Kenny Stills, TJ Barnes, Robert Lester, Gerald Hodges, Tyran Mathieu, Connor Vernon
    5/32, 35 - William Gholston, Ace Sanders, Omoregie Uzzi, Denard Robinson, Ricky Wagner
    6/31, 32, 35 & 7/32, 41 - Levine Toilolo, Sean Renfree, Stansly Maponga, Brandon Ford, Luke Marquardt, Sam Barrington, Jaron Brown, Mario Benavides, Michael Mauti, Emory Blake, Phillip Lutzenkirchen, Greg Reid, Joe Vellano, Jonathan Willard

Nothing to contribute except this gem:

"If Ozzie Newsome was in charge of the military draft vietnam wouldn't even be a country anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    My favorite players per pick, not necessarily in the order given (impossible to tell when some of these will go, so I'll just ballpark it):

1/32 - Nuk Hopkins, Manti Te'o, Kevin Minter, Sam Montgomery, Matt Elam, Devontre Moore, Arthur Brown, Jonathan Cyprien, Zach Ertz
    2/62 - David Amerson, Kyle Long, Eric Reid, Menelik Watson, Dallas Thomas, Robert Woods
    3/94 - Kevin Reddick, Ryan Swope, Stedman Bailey, Baccari Rambo, Kiki Alonso, Barret Jones
    4/32, 33 - John Bostic, Xavier Nixon, Kenny Stills, TJ Barnes, Robert Lester, Gerald Hodges, Tyran Mathieu, Connor Vernon
    5/32, 35 - William Gholston, Ace Sanders, Omoregie Uzzi, Denard Robinson, Ricky Wagner
    6/31, 32, 35 & 7/32, 41 - Levine Toilolo, Sean Renfree, Stansly Maponga, Brandon Ford, Luke Marquardt, Sam Barrington, Jaron Brown, Mario Benavides, Michael Mauti, Emory Blake, Phillip Lutzenkirchen, Greg Reid, Joe Vellano, Jonathan Willard
    I like the Amerson pick in the 2nd round as a safety.