Reports: Ed Reed Chooses Texans - BaltimoreRavens.com

The Crazy Newshound has found a new Ravens article.

BaltimoreRavens.com

Reports: Ed Reed Chooses Texans
    BaltimoreRavens.com
    After 11 seasons in Baltimore as one of the greatest ball hawks to ever play the game, Reed has agreed to terms on a new contact with the Houston Texans, according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. The deal is reportedly for two years. Neither the ...

Link to the full story.

Blog Entries

Re: Reports: Ed Reed Chooses Texans - BaltimoreRavens.com

Texans FS Ed Reed underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a small labral tear in his hip last week.
    Reed will miss OTAs, but he's expected to be ready for training camp. The 34-year-old has missed just 16 games in his 11-year career. Second-round pick D.J. Swearinger will get valuable reps with the starters while Reed is out of commission.

Blog Entries

Re: Reports: Ed Reed Chooses Texans - BaltimoreRavens.com

Safety Ed Reed thoroughly enjoyed being with his former Ravens teammates for the first time since winning the Super Bowl and signing with the Houston Texans.

But he may not see them again, at least on the field, when the Texans play the Ravens in Week 3.

Reed, who underwent a hip procedure this offseason after signing with Houston, said he’s going to take his time returning.

“I plan on being back for Week 1,” Reed said after visiting the White House. “But as you’ve known me for the longest time, I’m going to be smart about my injuries and make sure I’m there for the later part of the season when the team really needs me.”

Houston Texans Owner Bob McNair said Reed may not be ready until “the middle” of training camp. But it could be longer than that considering it’s a serious injury and Reed is 34 years old.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-f54c71f934f2

The Texans have to be more than a little miffed.