Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ProFootballCentral Write up - Manti Te'o

I detest the thought on minter in any round

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I detest the thought on minter in any round
    I would prefer Khaseem Greene over Minter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm holding out hope that we trade out of the first to get Hopkins and Minter with our 2 2nd rounders.

There is something about Minter I don't like.

I think he will be an ok pro, but I tend to like guys who have higher cielings.

I don't know...when I look at Minter, I see Andra Davis from Cleveland years ago.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...outing-report/

I thought this was pretty accurate based on what I have seen of Te'o.

I know most on here aren't really thrilled with him, but I do think that he would be a good fit for this defense.
    That's a pretty good write up. I think they nailed just about everything except maybe the easiest item - "undersized". Doesn't he play around 250 -255lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's a pretty good write up. I think they nailed just about everything except maybe the easiest item - "undersized". Doesn't he play around 250 -255lbs?
    Yeah, I noticed that. Kind of funny... I think "undersized" may be the most overused and meaningless word armchair scouts like to throw around in their writeups. Te'o played right around 250 most of last season and is certainly not undersized, so they have their facts wrong, but just more generally the term doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

What does undersized mean? Undersized in relation to what? Navorro Bowman, Daryl Washington, Patrick Willis, Lawrence Timmons, D'Qwell Jackson... not a single one of them is listed over 240lbs and most are 6'1 or under. 20 years ago nobody would have dreamed of the game's top ILBs generally being in the 230lbs range but in today's game they all are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that. Kind of funny... I think "undersized" may be the most overused and meaningless word armchair scouts like to throw around in their writeups. Te'o played right around 250 most of last season and is certainly not undersized, so they have their facts wrong, but just more generally the term doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

What does undersized mean? Undersized in relation to what? Navorro Bowman, Daryl Washington, Patrick Willis, Lawrence Timmons, D'Qwell Jackson... not a single one of them is listed over 240lbs and most are 6'1 or under. 20 years ago nobody would have dreamed of the game's top ILBs generally being in the 230lbs range but in today's game they all are.
    hehe...Levon Kirkland, for example.

Didn't he play around 270-280lbs at ILB?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Levon admitted that towards the end of his career he would top 290. What a ridiculous dude. And he wasn't bad at that size either.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron