Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: Pitta to the WR slot?

Honestly, it makes good sense, and I think Pitta would excel in the role.

I said this as soon as Boldin was traded. He has the sure hands and also is faster than Boldin. Also makes me think that if Eifert is there at 32 they could take him if they aren't confident with Dickson.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Wow, if you go back and watch some of Pitta's catches last season - namely the 3rd and long inside our 10 vs. Denver in OT - he goes up and times the leap and catches the back shoulder pass just like Anquan Boldin. When I saw that play in particular, I immediately thought of Boldin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Wow, if you go back and watch some of Pitta's catches last season - namely the 3rd and long inside our 10 vs. Denver in OT - he goes up and times the leap and catches the back shoulder pass just like Anquan Boldin. When I saw that play in particular, I immediately thought of Boldin.
    I did too, I think they will draft a TE in one of the first four rounds, lots of good TE's in this draft.. Boldin was basically a small TE anyhow.

The Ravens still have to find another WR opposite Torrey Smith. I love the big play return potential of Jacoby Jones, but that guy just can't consistently catch the ball.

The other thing is - I wonder if putting Pitta in the slot negates his matchup advantage. A guy in the slot is going to be covered by a CB or nickel. The TE is going to get a safety or linebacker.

Blog Entries

Too bad they will draft Tavon Austin and he will have 4000+ yards from scrimmage (2000 receiving, 2000 rushing) and 44 touchdowns (37 receiving, 7 rushing).

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Too bad they will draft Tavon Austin and he will have 4000+ yards from scrimmage (2000 receiving, 2000 rushing) and 44 touchdowns (37 receiving, 7 rushing).
    Duh
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The Ravens still have to find another WR opposite Torrey Smith. I love the big play return potential of Jacoby Jones, but that guy just can't consistently catch the ball.

The other thing is - I wonder if putting Pitta in the slot negates his matchup advantage. A guy in the slot is going to be covered by a CB or nickel. The TE is going to get a safety or linebacker.
    That would create a different matchup problem since Pitta is 6'5" and he's going t be covered by a lof of guys between 5'9" and 5'11" as the slot.

#PredraftSmokeScreen. I think theyll take the top WR in the second.

Blog Entries

I remember in the Colts game back in 2011 Boldin was injured, and Pitta went into the slot, while Dickson started TE. Pitta had a pretty good game and had a TD.

I think they will utilize Pitta in the slot periodically. I also think its possible you see more 2 TE formations next season. Especially early in the year. I also expect to see Doss, Thompson or another WR they draft to get some reps there. Not sure that anyone one guy fills that role next year.

I think its also very likely at some point in this draft they take a TE. These are guys who might be available in the 3rd round and down I like
    Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
    Dion Sims, Michigan State
    Ryan Otten, San Jose State
    Vance McDonald, Rice
    Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis