Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What player do you feel will be the biggest steal in the draft?

Ace Sanders WR South Carolina...had a scout tell me he rather have Sanders in the 4th then Austin in the 1st...value wise...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would you guys take Barret Jones if he fell to the 3rd round, even when we have Gino? It's an interesting choice IMO.

Jones to us in the 3rd would be absolutely stupid...for the other 31 GMs :p
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I'm starting to think, E J Manual, Florida state QB will wind up in the first round. I know he is raw, but he got talent. With good coaching he could be a steal. I would love for him to end up in the desert. But I think a team like the browns or the Jets will take a chance on him. Could be bottom of first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I'm starting to think, E J Manual, Florida state QB will wind up in the first round. I know he is raw, but he got talent. With good coaching he could be a steal. I would love for him to end up in the desert. But I think a team like the browns or the Jets will take a chance on him. Could be bottom of first round pick.
    Really?
    Seems to me that everyone is way overrating these "pistol" QB's. I don't think EJ is accurate nore good on reads.? Let me know what I'm missing??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post

Really?
    Seems to me that everyone is way overrating these "pistol" QB's. I don't think EJ is accurate nore good on reads.? Let me know what I'm missing??
    You should watch the sports science piece on EJ Manuel. Pretty interesting.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The steal of this draft is going to be Sio Moore. There are only two issues with his game and both are coachable, He needs to improve his upper body strength and combine that with better leverage at the point of attack when taking on blockers.

He has high quality ILB speed, both North/South and East/West. He has Kiko Alonso type blitz ability, with better technique. He has Alec Ogletree type athleticism. He has Kevin Minter type instincts and Manti T'eo type closing speed. He can play inside in a 3-4, outside in a 4-3 and can man up with TEs in a nickel. He can blitz from the inside and off the edge.

By word of the Excellector, somebody is going to draft Sio Moore in the mid-late rounds and get a day 1 starter, and that somebody had better be the Ravens. He's the one player that satisfies the board's desire for more athleticism at ILB, without being a liability on early downs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Tyler Bray... Nobody really seems to talk about him, but I think he has the best arm out of all the QB's in the draft.

It might not show up until 2-3 years down the line, but if Chris Faulk lasts to the 4th or 5th round, that might end up being the biggest steal of the draft if the guy gets himself healthy and in shape after his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Zalis View Post
    Ace Sanders WR South Carolina...had a scout tell me he rather have Sanders in the 4th then Austin in the 1st...value wise...
    True on Ace. He is an elite punt returner and will probably make a good living as a slot WR. Didn't have a single drop last year and he had 70 some catches.

I'd also say that DJ Swearinger from SC would be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd. He can play FS or SS and is a hard hitter and has great ball skills. He also is a leader. He was to SC what Ray was to us.

10. Re: What player do you feel will be the biggest steal in the draft?

Terron Armstead, 6'6" 305lb OT from Arkansas Pine Bluff. He's not a secret anymore after running the fastest time ever for a lineman at the combine 4.71, and also putting up 31 reps. Watch the senior bowl or shrine game film and you'll see he's not a workout warrior, but just a gifted raw athlete that gets to the second level in the blink of an eye. He needs a little work but I could see him developing into an elite tackle in a couple years. I'd resign McKinney for one year and draft Armstead to take over in 2014. Absolute steal in 3rd or 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by djost4350 View Post
    Terron Armstead, 6'6" 305lb OT from Arkansas Pine Bluff. He's not a secret anymore after running the fastest time ever for a lineman at the combine 4.71, and also putting up 31 reps. Watch the senior bowl or shrine game film and you'll see he's not a workout warrior, but just a gifted raw athlete that gets to the second level in the blink of an eye. He needs a little work but I could see him developing into an elite tackle in a couple years. I'd resign McKinney for one year and draft Armstead to take over in 2014. Absolute steal in 3rd or 4th round.
    He won't get past the 2nd. We'd more than likely have to move up for our natural 2nd to get him
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB