Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Mutiny was about practice in pads, not Cam, according to everything that has been reported. The only people who say it was about Cam are the message board people who started the rumor in the first place, based on nothing.
    How is this relevant? He asked, do you think we win the SB without firing cam? And the obvious answer is no way in hell.

The "mutiny" almost certainly put pressure on the FO to pressure Harbaugh about multiple issues.

I still do not like harbaugh. He was bailed out when he was forced to fire Cam(I dont care what any media report says, that came from the top. No organization is going to say the HC didnt want it to happen).

Then, even though its unconfirmed, he was forced by Ozzie to put McKinnie in the game.

Harbaugh has NEVER been good with personnel decisions, this shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

I think Harbaugh is a good coach, but is getting way too much credit for this playoff run. Way too many factors at play to give him this overwhelming credit.

Blog Entries

The heels? If you consider 2 months later the heels of it, then sure.

The mutiny was about practicing in pads. Cam's firing was because he sucked. Where is the connection?

There isn't any. Oh, and show me any other business where employees are "rewarded" for organizing a mutiny against their boss....There aren't any. There are certainly channels to go through if you think the coach, or you boss is wrong. Organizing a mutiny isn't one of them and it is a sign that the players are comfortable. That's never a good thing in the NFL.
    Well that depends what you mean by mutiny. Tom Coughlin of the Giants was all but fired when his team came to him during the '07 season. He not only overcame that but managed to coax a second title out of them 4 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    How is this relevant? He asked, do you think we win the SB without firing cam? And the obvious answer is no way in hell.

The "mutiny" almost certainly put pressure on the FO to pressure Harbaugh about multiple issues.
    We don't win the Super Bowl without losing Cam.

But I fail to see the connection between the mutiny and Cam.

If anything it would put more trust in the FO that Harbaugh is doing fine because he turned that potential negative of a mutiny and came out smelling like roses. At best, you're speculating that the mutiny and Cam's firing are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Well that depends what you mean by mutiny. Tom Coughlin of the Giants was all but fired when his team came to him during the '07 season. He not only overcame that but managed to coax a second title out of them 4 years later.
    And how many of those mutinous players made it onto that second team? That's the point.

We don't win the Super Bowl without losing Cam.

But I fail to see the connection between the mutiny and Cam.

If anything it would put more trust in the FO that Harbaugh is doing fine because he turned that potential negative of a mutiny and came out smelling like roses. At best, you're speculating that the mutiny and Cam's firing are connected.
    Yeah he really fixed things when right after this, we went on what should have been a 4 game losing streak.

Cam didnt just suck at the end of the season, cam sucked dating all the way back to 2010. And the players let that be known.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

I still do not like harbaugh. He was bailed out when he was forced to fire Cam(I dont care what any media report says, that came from the top. No organization is going to say the HC didnt want it to happen).

Then, even though its unconfirmed, he was forced by Ozzie to put McKinnie in the game.

Harbaugh has NEVER been good with personnel decisions, this shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

I think Harbaugh is a good coach, but is getting way too much credit for this playoff run. Way too many factors at play to give him this overwhelming credit.
    A ridiculous amount of speculation going on in this post.

However, I think the clearest thing behind your post is that you just dont like Harbs. Anything he does or doesnt do is going to be negatively viewed by you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The whole "Play Like a Raven" mantra having to mean leveling someone is a thing of the past guys.

That's for damn sure and we still won the trophy with all those penalties on POllard. Gronk is sure happy he's gone after Pollard knocked him out too.

THEY'RE REDUCING THIS GAME TO TOUCH FOOTBALL. I DON'T PLAY TOUCH FOOTBALL.

TERRELL SUGGS

Blog Entries

And how many of those mutinous players made it onto that second team? That's the point.
    Brandon Jacobs, Osi, Strahan retired.

I was thinking about the same situation. Strahan went through it in America's Game. The leaders voiced their issues to Coughlin and they held meetings every week.

I guess the biggest difference is that it wasn't an open, unprovoked call-out session like what happened here.

But the fact remains that when you are dealing with grown men year in and year out, this stuff is bound to happen.

I can't see how that is a jumping off point to jettison "vocal" players. And if that was really the case, why did the Ravens even bother asking Boldin to take a pay cut? They could have just released him without bothering to try to keep him.

Brandon Jacobs, Osi, Strahan retired.
    Jacobs who has run himself out of town now on both the Giants and the 49ers? He's a good example how? The guy who Coughlin was so annoyed with he hardly got any touches the entire season of that Super Bowl season? If anything, he's a good example of a guy who SHOULD have been gone a long time ago.

Like I said there are ways to address a coach if you think he's wrong. If you want to have a meeting telling the coach things have to change, that's fine. Refusing to practice and challenging a coach's authority in front of the whole team is not the way to do it. That wasn't the way the Giants did it; yet even so, 2 of those guys stuck around and 1 (jacobs) has been run off of two teams now.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A ridiculous amount of speculation going on in this post.

However, I think the clearest thing behind your post is that you just dont like Harbs. Anything he does or doesnt do is going to be negatively viewed by you.

Speculation?

If we dont fire cam cameron, there is no way we make or win the superbowl. That may be "speculation" to you but its fact to just about everyone. Its indisputable really at this point. This teams offense has NEVER been so efficient and consistent as it was after we fired him.

Dont be naive. If you really think Harbaugh actually fired Cam Cameron, you are delusional. Not to mention I have close family who grew up with the Bisciotti family. The firing came from the top.

The only real speculative thing I said was that Ozzie forced Harbaugh to put McKinnie in the game. Its just convenient that McKinnie was put in the game at the same time Cam was fired. This isnt some baseless opinion either, Ive read it on multiple different boards.

And Harbaugh has never been good with personnel decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post

I can't see how that is a jumping off point to jettison "vocal" players. And if that was really the case, why did the Ravens even bother asking Boldin to take a pay cut? They could have just released him without bothering to try to keep him.
    That's a good point that I didn't even think about.