Thread: Ryan McBean

Ryan McBean

Has there been any new development with Ryan McBean? McBean had a very solid 2011 season with the Broncos and I think he is the one that should spell for Ngata rather than the newly signed Canty.

If I recalled correctly, McBean was quite physical at the line of scrimmage and I hope that he will be at least solid for us in 2013 especially that he sat out the 2012 season with that nasty ankle injury.

Your thoughts on McBean?

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan McBean

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Has there been any new development with Ryan McBean? McBean had a very solid 2011 season with the Broncos and I think he is the one that should spell for Ngata rather than the newly signed Canty.

If I recalled correctly, McBean was quite physical at the line of scrimmage and I hope that he will be at least solid for us in 2013 especially that he sat out the 2012 season with that nasty ankle injury.

Your thoughts on McBean?
    I think McBean was signed for Reddings position. One that they feel Jones, McPhee and Canty will all vie for now. Id be for a vet min 1 year deal but even then you have to wonder if its money well spent for a guy taht may not see the field.
    -JAB

From my understanding, McBean was signed as a DT. These players (Jones, McPhee and Canty) were more of DE than DT. Assuming that McBean returns to form, I am pretty confident that McBean will see the field as to spell Ngata. Also, McBean could play the NT position, which may be the bonus. However, this rest of the assumption that he will return to form, at least.

Blog Entries

From my understanding, McBean was signed as a DT. These players (Jones, McPhee and Canty) were more of DE than DT. Assuming that McBean returns to form, I am pretty confident that McBean will see the field as to spell Ngata. Also, McBean could play the NT position, which may be the bonus. However, this rest of the assumption that he will return to form, at least.
    He may have been a DT in denver, and be in sub packages here when were 4-3 but i do not think he was signed to be our NT. He doesnt fit the mold at all at 6'5" 300lb. Hes listed on the team site as a DE.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I don't see why they wouldn't keep McBean. At worst, he is good depth at DT/5-technique DE.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He may have been a DT in denver, and be in sub packages here when were 4-3 but i do not think he was signed to be our NT. He doesnt fit the mold at all at 6'5" 300lb. Hes listed on the team site as a DE.
    Actually, he played nose tackle. We had threat under this headline: Baltimore Ravens sign suspended nose tackle Ryan McBean . I could not find that thread, but it was probably from the http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...vens-nose-sign

I think DT is his natural position, but he does have the ability to play NT (I believe that he did play NT for the Broncos in 2011).

I merely wanted to draw to your attention that he was a versatile player with DT being his natural position. I do not think he is naturally a 5 tech DE, but I could be mistaken.

He's a UFA, correct? Seems we were hoping for good production from him prior to the injury, so if they can get him back on a 1 year deal for cheap I'd be all for it. I dunno about where he's best suited, but I still think they need help at NT, as Canty strikes me more as a 3-4 DE than a NT. Of course, they could put Ngata over the nose. That might be the best course of action.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Actually, he played nose tackle. We had threat under this headline: Baltimore Ravens sign suspended nose tackle Ryan McBean . I could not find that thread, but it was probably from the http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...vens-nose-sign

I think DT is his natural position, but he does have the ability to play NT (I believe that he did play NT for the Broncos in 2011).

I merely wanted to draw to your attention that he was a versatile player with DT being his natural position. I do not think he is naturally a 5 tech DE, but I could be mistaken.
    certainly says that. I dont remember him playing NT for them but id still say 5 tech DE is a better projection simply because of his build. How many NT play at 300lbs?
    -JAB

He is under contract, I believe... probably have one more year left in the deal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    certainly says that. I dont remember him playing NT for them but id still say 5 tech DE is a better projection simply because of his build. How many NT play at 300lbs?
    That is true, I can see your rationale. I do not think he will be strictly a NT for us given his size. However, it would not surprise me if we use him as NT on passing downs.

Blog Entries

He is under contract, I believe... probably have one more year left in the deal or something.
    According to Rotoworld McBean is a free agent in 2013 so he's not under contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4354/ryan-mcbean

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    According to Rotoworld McBean is a free agent in 2013 so he's not under contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4354/ryan-mcbean
    I stand corrected.