Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

RT @vikes42: Green and white it is. Want to thank coach rex coach DT and mr idzilk for the opportunity. And to the fans I won't let u down.
    Collapse

antwan barnes to the jets

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Probably the 2nd round pick they gave up for Alex Smith.
    That would mean the Ravens first round pick. Didn't the Chiefs have the first pick in the second round?

The contract details on Kenny Phillips' 1 year deal w/Philly just came out. $1.85m, another million in incentives, ZERO dollars guaranteed.

Why oh why couldn't it have been the Ravens making that deal? Pro Bowl-caliber player (when healthy) at our weakest position on the entire roster basically FOR FREE.

Somebody please talk me off this cliff and explain why we are bleeding talent and sitting idle in what appears to be the biggest buyers' market of free agency of the last decade...

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The contract details on Kenny Phillips' 1 year deal w/Philly just came out. $1.85m, another million in incentives, ZERO dollars guaranteed.

Why oh why couldn't it have been the Ravens making that deal? Pro Bowl-caliber player (when healthy) at our weakest position on the entire roster basically FOR FREE.

Somebody please talk me off this cliff and explain why we are bleeding talent and sitting idle in what appears to be the biggest buyers' market of free agency of the last decade...
    Maybe, just maybe he's not ravens material? Because if he was we would have signed him by now?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Hell of a deal.

I think the majority of the NFL was obviously terrified by his injury history though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That would mean the Ravens first round pick. Didn't the Chiefs have the first pick in the second round?
    No. The Jaguars do. They flip flop the first 2 picks from round 1 in round 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No. The Jaguars do. They flip flop the first 2 picks from round 1 in round 2.
    Thanks, but either way the Chiefs would want the Ravens first round pick if they were trying to recoup the pick they gave up for Alex Smith. They are just two picks apart. I can't see Ozzie trading that first round pick away, and then signing Albert to a big contract. Not if he is serious talking with Dumervil and Ed Reed.

Who was the LT in KC two years ago?

Albert or Gaither?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Thanks, but either way the Chiefs would want the Ravens first round pick if they were trying to recoup the pick they gave up for Alex Smith. They are just two picks apart. I can't see Ozzie trading that first round pick away, and then signing Albert to a big contract. Not if he is serious talking with Dumervil and Ed Reed.
    I agree. It would also lead to big cap problems unless they could quickly work out a deal with Albert. That's how Cassel was able to get that nice contract from the Chiefs. They traded for him while he was on the franchise tag and before they worked out a contract. The cap number was so big that Cassel really had them over a barrel and was able to get the deal he wanted.

Blog Entries

Vontae Leach's bitch is back in town, Rey Maualuga before anyone asks.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

At this point, why would the Ravens trade for Brandon Albert when they could probably give up less to trade for Roger Saffold?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At this point, why would the Ravens trade for Brandon Albert when they could probably give up less to trade for Roger Saffold?
    They should get Jake Long......oh wait........