Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    What do people think about Ansah to the Lions
    Great pick. Ansah is definitely a possible BPA, the Lions have a HUGE need at DE, and they love their defensive linemen and get the most out of them.

A lot of people are skeptical of Ansah but Detroit is definitely the best fit for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Great pick. Ansah is definitely a possible BPA, the Lions have a HUGE need at DE, and they love their defensive linemen and get the most out of them.

A lot of people are skeptical of Ansah but Detroit is definitely the best fit for him.
    I think this is the best possible scenario for the Lions.

Cliff Avril won't be back.
    They released Vanden Bosch.
    Lawrence Jackson is a UFA and may not be back.

That's 3 DE's that they will potentially be missing (2 for sure).

Detroit definitely needs corners and safeties, but with Milliner gone they might as well take one of the best pass rushers in this class.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Lions may have to double up on DEs, and take a guy like Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor with their second round pick if they are still around by then. They have next to no cap room, so they wont be able to bring many guys in. This is an important draft for them. They need an OT, CB, DEs, and a LB couldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Lions may have to double up on DEs, and take a guy like Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor with their second round pick if they are still around by then. They have next to no cap room, so they wont be able to bring many guys in. This is an important draft for them. They need an OT, CB, DEs, and a LB couldn't hurt either.
    They did take Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd round last year and might be expecting him to step up and take over a DE spot. I thought at the time that Lewis wasn't a good system fit (much more of a 3-4 LB than a 4-3 DE), but he has the speed and pure athletic ability they want in a weak-side rusher for their scheme.

If I were the Lions I would draft Ansah and play a hybrid defense with 3-4 and 4-3 looks. They need to get better on the OL and CB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds if they can. Go and get some DE depth in the later rounds unless somebody really drops and you can't pass him up.

Blog Entries

Can't argue with the Fisher pick. It's about time the Cards admitted defeat on that one, sucked it up, and picked the best LT available to them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    They did take Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd round last year and might be expecting him to step up and take over a DE spot. I thought at the time that Lewis wasn't a good system fit (much more of a 3-4 LB than a 4-3 DE), but he has the speed and pure athletic ability they want in a weak-side rusher for their scheme.

If I were the Lions I would draft Ansah and play a hybrid defense with 3-4 and 4-3 looks. They need to get better on the OL and CB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds if they can. Go and get some DE depth in the later rounds unless somebody really drops and you can't pass him up.
    I was high on Lewis before last years draft, but I actually seem him more of a 4-3 strong side LB playing the Von Miller role if the Lions are committed to the 4-3.

3-4 could be interesting, but I'm not sure if they have a NT on the roster. Obviously Suh and the other thug would be the two DEs, Ansah and Lewis as the OLBs.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I was high on Lewis before last years draft, but I actually seem him more of a 4-3 strong side LB playing the Von Miller role if the Lions are committed to the 4-3.

3-4 could be interesting, but I'm not sure if they have a NT on the roster. Obviously Suh and the other thug would be the two DEs, Ansah and Lewis as the OLBs.
    I'm not so sure I would switch to a 3-4 if my best player on defense is better suited for a 4-3. I can't even imagine having Ansah and Suh on the same D-Line. QB's should be scared.

The Cardinals need to walk away from this draft with the pieces to make Arians' offense work. They have the worst offensive line and QB situation in the league, so those are their top 2 needs. With Geno Smith off the board, the only real choice is Warmack or Fisher, but you take the LT over the G every day of the week. Taking Fisher would also allow the Cards to move Levi Brown inside to LG, which is a much better fit for his slow feet (I think he'll stay on the roster because they would lose more than they'd gain in cap dollars to release him.)

They'll have to address QB and pass rusher later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    What do people think about Ansah to the Lions
    I love it, fits a need and Ansah has the upside to be special. Playing in that wide 9 should simplify things for him early while he develops.

I did not want to make this pick lol, went with Werner because i feel like he gives them more versatility. They can kick Odrick inside more on passing downs. Vernon has shown some upside as a pass rusher but you can never have enough pass rush and Wake is 31 years old.

Good pick Major Raven. TB needs to boost their secondary and particularly the CB position. I also like Rhodes, he's a big physical corner and think he'll fit in there
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

12. Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Thanks Run, I thought he would be a good fit there with Talib being traded to the Pats there was a need for a potential lockdown corner.