Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss all the picks from the mock draft 2.0 in here
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Went with who i thought had the ability to be a special player. While i like Joeckel i dont think he's an elite LT prospect compared to others that have went high in the past. I have Albert for the next year and i probably just upped his agent's leverage as far as getting a long term deal done lol, but i like what Floyd brings them. They only had 27 sacks last year and 19 came from Hali and Houston. Floyd will instantly give them a flexible piece that can help their 27th rank run D as well as rush the passer. I have Albert at LT for at least 2013 and i think i can find a RT later in this draft.

Blog Entries

I get to analyse the Eagles for once :)

Blog Entries

Carey, I actually like the pick.

Luke Joekel IMO has became a little overrated over time. He isn't quite what last years Matt Kalil was IMO. I think he's going to be good in the NFL, but I'm not sure if he'll be a Joe Thomas or a Joe Staley. Eric Fisher, IMO, has more upside and has the potential to be great. Shariff Floyd is a day 1 difference maker in the trenches, where the Chiefs need help, and is the best defensive player in this draft. Solid pick.

I did a little mock myself for the top 10 and had Floyd. They can grab a RT in the later rounds, but I like seeing them strengthen that interior line. Great pick
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I did a little mock myself for the top 10 and had Floyd. They can grab a RT in the later rounds, but I like seeing them strengthen that interior line. Great pick
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Carey, I actually like the pick.

Luke Joekel IMO has became a little overrated over time. He isn't quite what last years Matt Kalil was IMO. I think he's going to be good in the NFL, but I'm not sure if he'll be a Joe Thomas or a Joe Staley. Eric Fisher, IMO, has more upside and has the potential to be great. Shariff Floyd is a day 1 difference maker in the trenches, where the Chiefs need help, and is the best defensive player in this draft. Solid pick.
    That was my exact thinking, if it was Kalil i would have took him but i wanted the player i thought had the best chance to be special

Love the player, but don't like the pick, at least not as the team is currently constructed.

Floyd is an elite player but not a good fit for the 3-4. As a 3-4 end his speed and penetration ability are going to be wasted. He needs to be a 4-3 under tackle who splits the gap and rushes the passer.

Taking a really talented player and jamming him into a bad scheme fit is EXACTLY what the Chiefs did a few years back with Glenn Dorsey. Elite pass-rushing 3-tech at LSU, drafted by the Chiefs and made into a 5-tech end, and all his talent and potential have pretty much been wasted. Same thing would happen to Floyd.

Now, if you were the Chiefs GM and you were going to move to a 4-3... I would love the move. Dontari Poe and Floyd at DT, Hali and Justin Houston at DE, Derrick Johnson at MLB... you'd need 2 new OLBs but that's a very talented defense on paper.

Blog Entries

Floyd would be the perfect 1 gap DT lining up between the tackle and the guard, and would allow Poe to assume the nose shade role in the 4-3.

But I have to disagree somewhat, I think Floyd is so talented (more talented than what Dorsey was coming out of LSU IMO), that he could fit in well into a 3-4. Maybe he is a better fit overall in a 4-3, but I'm pretty sure he would make a good 3-4 end too. Dorsey is just part of the long list of overrated LSU talent that hasn't lived up to expectations. Dorsey is a good player, but obviously, you'd expect more out of a top ten pick. I'm pretty sure if you even put Dorsey in a team that runs a 4-3 now, he'd still be decent but nothing more.

Blog Entries

I'm no expert, and am not involved with this mock draft, but I feel that since the Chiefs released Winston...perhaps Joeckel would have been a better pick... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm no expert, and am not involved with this mock draft, but I feel that since the Chiefs released Winston...perhaps Joeckel would have been a better pick... Bc
    Just a wasted pick. They can get a suitable RT in the second round IMO. I would only invest in Joeckel if he was playing LT but he wont be. I think they will try and trade back a few spots
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post

Just a wasted pick. They can get a suitable RT in the second round IMO. I would only invest in Joeckel if he was playing LT but he wont be. I think they will try and trade back a few spots
    Cant say Joeckel would be a wasted pick. He is arguably the best player in this draft.

I like Floyd. Dont know that he is a great fit for a 3-4 defense, but he has to be better than Jackson.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.