Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Thread

With the 38th pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Mike Glennon, QB, NC State.

Cards need a QB and I think Glennon is the best on the board. He's built a lot like Flacco and I think has the most upside out of QB's in this class (even Geno Smith)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

With the 39th pick the Jets select Corey Lemonier, DE.

Jets need a pass rusher and I think Lemonier offers pretty good upside, to be an every down player but starts off as more of a pass rushing outside backer.

With the 40th pick the Titans select Jordan Poyer, CB, OSU

The Titans have shored up their biggest need at interior OL in free agency, and must now address their miserable pass defense. Poyer is the highest-graded cornerback available and should easily win the #3 or even #2 job out of training camp.

Blog Entries

A couple of days ago when I picked for the Bills they had a starting QB. Now they don't. They're also in a weird position because their new head coach has his QB entering the draft. It's very possible that Marrone will convince GM Nix to pull a Miami and take his QB. Honestly though I don't see Nix caving. His job is on the line. He's probably going to take this guy in round 1. Matt Barkley is getting hammered because of the pro careers of Leinart and Sanchez but he's not those guys. Aaron Rodgers had the same perception because of Akili Smith and Kyle Boller and he proved to be nothing like those guys. Matt Barkley has a shot to do the same.

With the 41st pick the Bills select Matt Barkley QB USC

With the 42nd pick the Miami Dolphins select Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

MIA's run defense was better than most, but in the passing game, Short's quickness gives them the potential to push the pocket from the inside. Look for MIA to rotate Short into the line-ups in various down-and-distance situations.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

With the 43rd pick, The Tampa Bay Buc's select Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist.

The Buc's just lost Bennet and I wouldn't trust Bowers to start for a full-season. Hunt will compete for the starting slot right away and has a lot of potential to break out. Absolute freak athlete.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    With the 43rd pick, The Tampa Bay Buc's select Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist.

The Buc's just lost Bennet and I wouldn't trust Bowers to start for a full-season. Hunt will compete for the starting slot right away and has a lot of potential to break out. Absolute freak athlete.
    Fantastic pick man.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post

I like that guy a lot. Hunt's upside seems to be tremendous

With the 44th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select Jonathan Jenkins DT Georgia

The Panthers have a glaring need at DT and he's the best one still on the board imo. Almost went with Jonathan Banks, but I think Jenkins will have more of an impact on the D right away, and over time. I think they can still get a decent corner in the 3rd, and some there are still some decent ones left in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fantastic pick man.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Appreciate it man. Just seemed to make too much sense. He's a guy who seems to fall under what Greg Schiano wants to have on his team. A hard working, dedicated player with a lot of versatility and upside. If we didn't already have so many 3-4 DE's on the roster, I would say we could take a flier on him if he falls.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure major ravens time has ran out again

Wicked make the pick.

With the 45th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select, Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame